Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This morning I went into school, to discover that my economics teacher yet AGAIN hadn't turned up for lesson. I've got used to this as he's missed about 34 lessons since September! Shocking...I know....
    Anyways we have an exam on Monday...god knows how we're going to pass. So today one of the senior staff rounded all the ecn students into the 6th form common room.

I'll try not go on too much...but the head of year organised for a retired teacher who used to teach at the school to come in and teach us. (Things are really bad at school)

Now, My revision guide was out and my friend was looking at it...soon enough it got passed around class and everybody wanted a damn photocopy of it!!!!! GRRR....The teacher even suggested this to all the other students without even asking mee!!!!!!!! :mad:

Now a few of my friends have made a few copies of some chapters which I not tooo stressed about, but they want me to scan a few more pages in tonight over the internet via my scanner.

Now I brought this book for £7!! (loads of money) and I don't really want them leaching off me....what shall I tell them? I don't know what to dooo :confused: HELP!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThugzMansion7)
    This morning I went into school, to discover that my economics teacher yet AGAIN hadn't turned up for lesson. I've got used to this as he's missed about 34 lessons since September! Shocking...I know....
    Anyways we have an exam on Monday...god knows how we're going to pass. So today one of the senior staff rounded all the ecn students into the 6th form common room.

I'll try not go on too much...but the head of year organised for a retired teacher who used to teach at the school to come in and teach us. (Things are really bad at school)

Now, My revision guide was out and my friend was looking at it...soon enough it got passed around class and everybody wanted a damn photocopy of it!!!!! GRRR....The teacher even suggested this to all the other students without even asking mee!!!!!!!! :mad:

Now a few of my friends have made a few copies of some chapters which I not tooo stressed about, but they want me to scan a few more pages in tonight over the internet via my scanner.

Now I brought this book for £7!! (loads of money) and I don't really want them leaching off me....what shall I tell them? I don't know what to dooo :confused: HELP!
    It's illegal - but then so are most things. :bebored:

I'd just let them do it. 7 quid is bugger-all in the grand scheme of things. :aetsch:

ReputationRep:
    yeh let them! its only a book...! Not as if you wrote it. if it was your work/notes.. id say no.

ReputationRep:
    But, it's not like they're asking me, more as "Copy them tonight yeh, cheers!"
    They reminded me like 3 times before I left school this morning!

ReputationRep:
    They want copies bad, so charge them! 50p each sheet? to cover the cost of the paper :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    you don't wanna do it dont ,if you don't mind legal or not, do it..I wouldn't mind do it if it will help my friends or class mates,I only want them to pass and for us to celebrate marks and have a part :dancing2:

ReputationRep:

id say: GET YOUR OWN BOOK!!

ReputationRep:
    Im tempted to say my scanner broke, but that would be sooo obvious, I could just say no instead :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    id say: GET YOUR OWN BOOK!!
    true, but then i don't realllyyyy want to upset them at the same time

ReputationRep:
    Im tempted to say my scanner broke, but that would be sooo obvious, I could just say no instead :eek:

Just tell them that they should have bought their own books and then they wouldn't be screwed, and that it is not your problem they arent organised.

ReputationRep:
    true, but then i don't realllyyyy want to upset them at the same time
    or you could say your scanners broke *shrugs*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*glitter*~)
    or you could say your scanners broke *shrugs*
    I prefer get you're own ****Ing book :p:

ReputationRep:
    You guys are mean!

It's a damn book and you're not copying on to goldplated paper now are you? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by englishstudent)
    You guys are mean!

It's a damn book and you're not copying on to goldplated paper now are you? :rolleyes:
    somehow i agree,so that next time he needs a favour from one of his mates they'd say yes but if he refused they'd tell him no or make an excuse

ReputationRep:
    yeh but its not fair that he has to spend his time scanning in etc wen that time cud b used to do soemthing more productive... seriously £7 is hardly anything get them to buy the book themselves!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habosh)
    I prefer get you're own ****Ing book :p:
    yeah me too, but im not mean so you know...

ReputationRep:
    Im not often stingy, but I don't want them take advantage of me, and as if they haven't photocopied enough from the book this morning!

One of them, before I said I was going home, starting making sure everyone in class wanted/didn't want a copy!

WTF...How rude and inconsiderate was that...that's kinda why im reluctant not to give them the scanned notes 2nite.

ReputationRep:
    Dont forget that the time you spend copying/scanning/printing an whatever is going to eat into possible revision time for you. Its no good being the smart one who actually bought a revision guide if you are too busy copying it to actually use it!!!
    If you dont wanna seem mean by not doing anything maybe see if the book has like chapter summaries? you could just give them instead of wasting the weekend copying the whole book!

ReputationRep:
    If you're that bothered about costs, say you'll do it but you can't afford to copy for everyone.

If the teacher will use the staff photocopier, fair enough. If not, say you'll do it, but only if they pay the costs of copyinmg. Like my library charges 5p per copy, so I'd charge 5p per sheet.

As for the 7 quid you paid, ah, who cares?

ReputationRep:
    Scan ONE copy, bring it in, give it to ONE person, and tell the others they can photocopy that scanned copy if they are desperate for a copy.
    They can use the school's photocopier to get a copy

(used the word copy too many times there)

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.