The Student Room Group

A level chemistry practise paper result reflection

Hi,

I have bio and chem mocks on W/C 28th November, i did my first ever chemistry full practice paper today- June 2017 paper 1. I got 39/100 which is a D. I am really worried now as I have just over 2 weeks to fix up. How am i meant to reflect and improve and get at least a B
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by vesq
Hi,

I have bio and chem mocks on W/C 28th November, i did my first ever chemistry full practice paper today- June 2017 paper 1. I got 39/100 which is a D. I am really worried now as I have just over 2 weeks to fix up. How am i meant to reflect and improve and get at least a B

Hiya there,

First of all, download or print out the specifications and go through them with a fine tooth comb, making a list of the topics that you feel weak on as you go along. Then, make a schedule where you write down exactly which topics you're going to cover each day. Please don't worry about going over everything, as you still have the rest of the year to improve! Make sure that you're doing a few past questions on those topics, and look up concepts that you're finding tricky to understand - here we actually have A-Level bio and chem notes to learn from, which I really recommend looking at! :u:

Hope you find that useful - lmk if you do :h:. You can definitely improve your score if you do little and often revision!

Marimo
UCL Y3 Med Student
Study Mind
Reply 2
Original post by StudyMind
Hiya there,

First of all, download or print out the specifications and go through them with a fine tooth comb, making a list of the topics that you feel weak on as you go along. Then, make a schedule where you write down exactly which topics you're going to cover each day. Please don't worry about going over everything, as you still have the rest of the year to improve! Make sure that you're doing a few past questions on those topics, and look up concepts that you're finding tricky to understand - here we actually have A-Level bio and chem notes to learn from, which I really recommend looking at! :u:

Hope you find that useful - lmk if you do :h:. You can definitely improve your score if you do little and often revision!

Marimo
UCL Y3 Med Student
Study Mind

I do, do revision its just that im not getting things right. Did u read what I wrote (in the nicest way possible)
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
boost
Original post by vesq
I do, do revision its just that im not getting things right. Did u read what I wrote (in the nicest way possible)

doing revision doesn't mean you will get good grades, you need to be making sure you are going over the topics that you haven't fully grasped. However from what you have said, it sounds like a mixture of poor exam technique and knowledge (I'm really sorry if that sounds rude I am just trying to help. So I agree with study mind tbh, go through the paper and make a list of the topics you don't understand then focus on them. Along side this, spend a bit of time doing more past papers as you will notice similarities in the questions they ask and the answers they require. In terms of learning the content I recommend machemguy and allery chemistry. Good luck!
Reply 5
Original post by grace10101
doing revision doesn't mean you will get good grades, you need to be making sure you are going over the topics that you haven't fully grasped. However from what you have said, it sounds like a mixture of poor exam technique and knowledge (I'm really sorry if that sounds rude I am just trying to help. So I agree with study mind tbh, go through the paper and make a list of the topics you don't understand then focus on them. Along side this, spend a bit of time doing more past papers as you will notice similarities in the questions they ask and the answers they require. In terms of learning the content I recommend machemguy and allery chemistry. Good luck!

Thank you so much
Original post by vesq
Thank you so much

You are welcome :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest