The Student Room Group

Skinny boyfriend advice

So hie everyone
I'm dating this guy who is very skinny and I'm super concerned. He's an alcoholic and loves smoking marijuana which i discourage. He doesn't attempt to go to the gym or anything. His eating habits are poor , he can sleep on a couple of sandwiches and thats it. The reason why i started this chat was for some advice on how to encourage him to gain weight because honestly I'm scared for him . Whats the best way i could use to tell him ?
How long have you been dating him for? Has he ever been officially diagnosed and treated? Encourage him to see his GP, but beyond that he has to want to get better. I would advise you to stop dating him because he will drag you down if he's determined to continue the self-destructive behaviour.
Reply 2
It's got to be his decision to improve his lifestyle. Don't say you got with him because you're one of those who thinks they can be the one to change him.

Does he have any positives? 🤔
Original post by Anonymous
So hie everyone
I'm dating this guy who is very skinny and I'm super concerned. He's an alcoholic and loves smoking marijuana which i discourage. He doesn't attempt to go to the gym or anything. His eating habits are poor , he can sleep on a couple of sandwiches and thats it. The reason why i started this chat was for some advice on how to encourage him to gain weight because honestly I'm scared for him . Whats the best way i could use to tell him ?

tbhhhh its his lifestyle and not urs - if hes healthy and hes happy liek dat then leave him alone dont pressure him into going 2 the gym. unless he's genuinely like unhealthy then its not really ur place to say.
If he was like that when you got together then no, you not only have no right to tell him to change but even if you did he wouldn’t change. Don’t know why you’re so attached tbh
why are you dating an alcoholic
Reply 6
ugh, you sound like my boyfriend. guess what, some people don't want to gain weight. skinny is beautiful, leave him alone.
Best advice is to dump him rather than stick around trying to make his lifestyle more healthy and end his criminal habits.
Then look for a bf who is not an alcoholic and does not consume illegal drugs.
So he’s an alcoholic and a pothead…what a catch.
Was he like this since you met him? If so, you should leave him rather than try to make him change his ways. This is who he is. You either accept it or you don't.

If you choose to neglect this advice... my partner has a history with eating disorders. When I notice her backsliding I remind her to get something proper to eat before work/gym/drinking alcohol. However, the difference here is she has asked me to call her out if she skips too many meals.
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest