The Student Room Group

When to book entrace exam (LNAT)?

Do i book my LNAT for before or after I intend to send off my UCAS application, does it make a difference?
Reply 1
Original post by VentureCommunist
Do i book my LNAT for before or after I intend to send off my UCAS application, does it make a difference?

I always thought you need to book and do the exam before you send your application...
Reply 2
Do i book my LNAT for before or after I intend to send off my UCAS application, does it make a differce

You should book it after you send your application so unis have received your application before your LNAT score, hope this helps!
Original post by Lala338
You should book it after you send your application so unis have received your application before your LNAT score, hope this helps!

Thanks for your reply. Why is it like that, though? I know of people sitting the LNAT before sending their application.
ALSO!! How long can the gap between sending off your application and sitting the LNAT be? My concern is that they might look at my application before I've sat the LNAT.
Thanks for your reply. Why is it like that, though? I know of people sitting the LNAT before sending their application.
ALSO!! How long can the gap between sending off your application and sitting the LNAT be? My concern is that they might look at my application before I've sat the LNAT.

I am not applying to study law, instead medicine, but we do an equivalent test, UCAT. I sat my UCAT before applying through UCAS.

The UCAS deadline is 25th Jan 2023, this is also the last test date for LNAT but you must book your LNAT before 20th Jan 2023. (LNAT website)

If you ask me, I would be smart about when to book it: when are your prelims/mocks? Avoid overlapping LNAT and Prelim/Mock revision. Do you have plans for xmas? (if you celebrate it) So you might not want to spend your time studying, although you may have to sacrifice some time. And finally, ensure you have enough time to study for the LNAT and check which unis value the LNAT, so that you can apply to unis wisely depending on your result.

good luck to you!
Reply 5

As long as you sit the LNAT before the January deadline then the gap can be as long as you like, universities are not allowed to fully look at your application until they have your LNAT score so don’t worry!
Original post by Lala338
As long as you sit the LNAT before the January deadline then the gap can be as long as you like, universities are not allowed to fully look at your application until they have your LNAT score so don’t worry!

Ok, that's good to know. Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending