The Student Room Group

How to balance out revision?

I'm in Year 10, and I've recently started revising for a few hours per week; but I find there's alot of different subjects I need to catch up on.
Physics, for example, I need to learn most of the first term because my teacher wasn't very good at teaching us it, and I learnt next to nothing in this year so far.
Spanish, I just need to revise a few things, and there's other subjects like that.
Any advice?
It is good that you are revising as you go along. I think making revision resources as you do the content in lessons is the best way forward as you then do not have to catch up. In terms of physics I think the best thing to do would be to use a text book or revision guide (I used the CGP Edexcel Physics one but there are others available depending on your course) to understand the topics and then make flashcards or whatever you use to revise
Hiya,
This is a great question! First of all, prioritising certain subjects is a really good way of balancing things out. If you know that you need to spend more time working on Physics rather than Spanish, it makes more sense to spend time revising Physics than Spanish. It's also worth creating a revision timetable to plan out when you're going to revise- that makes it easier to focus on what you're going to do, which will also make it easier for you to schedule in your hobbies and fun activities. You'll also find that you will balance out the way you revise- for some subjects, you might just read through the content, whereas for other subjects you might do a past paper or some practice questions. Find what works best for you- experimentation is key! Feel free to take a look at some of our resources:smile:

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any more questions:biggrin:

John C
Y5 UEA Med Student
Study Mind
Reply 3
Thank you for the advice! :smile:
Original post by flowersinmyhair
It is good that you are revising as you go along. I think making revision resources as you do the content in lessons is the best way forward as you then do not have to catch up. In terms of physics I think the best thing to do would be to use a text book or revision guide (I used the CGP Edexcel Physics one but there are others available depending on your course) to understand the topics and then make flashcards or whatever you use to revise

Quick Reply

Latest