The Student Room Group

Geography Applicants 2023

I thought I'd make a thread for people applying to Geography for 2023 entry as I hadn't seen one yet!

Fill in the following and ask any questions :smile:
Applying for BSc or BA:
Universities applying for:
A-Level (or equivalent) subjects:
A-Level grades (predicted or achieved):
GCSE grades:
Anything else:

Scroll to see replies

Hi 👋 Im looking to take geography Bsc and have also applied for 2 courses with study abroad Ive got offers from bristol,leeds,manchester and durham and am waiting for cambridgeI take geography,politics, biology, physics and an EPQI am currently predicted A* AAAA*My gcse grades were 2 9s 5 8s 2 7s 3 6s 1 5 and 1 4 Where have you applied have you got any offers yet ?
Original post by Mloves123
Hi 👋 Im looking to take geography Bsc and have also applied for 2 courses with study abroad Ive got offers from bristol,leeds,manchester and durham and am waiting for cambridgeI take geography,politics, biology, physics and an EPQI am currently predicted A* AAAA*My gcse grades were 2 9s 5 8s 2 7s 3 6s 1 5 and 1 4 Where have you applied have you got any offers yet ?

i’ve applied to edinburgh, exeter, liverpool, manchester and UEA with predicted grades A*AB. i sent off my application on thursday and haven’t heard anything yet. how soon after applying did you hear?
Original post by rosegoldsheeran
i’ve applied to edinburgh, exeter, liverpool, manchester and UEA with predicted grades A*AB. i sent off my application on thursday and haven’t heard anything yet. how soon after applying did you hear?

Hi @rosegoldsheeran :h:

Seen that you've applied to study Geography here with us at UEA so just wanted to pop by and say hello! If you have any questions about UEA, or being a student in Norwich please do feel free to let me know. Wishing you the very best of luck with all of your applications :h:

Danielle
Film and Television Studies
Hey I just applied to geography bsc, at Cambridge, ucl, kings college London and Bristol. But I also I applied to environment and sustainable development at LSE. So far I’ve only got an offer from Bristol. My predicted grades are A*AA for geography, biology and chemistry. GCSE are 9999998877. Hope this helps!
Hi I currently take Geography Maths and Psychology Alevel and hope to go on to study BA // MA Geography at either Glasgow, Edinburgh, Heriot watt, Stirling(BSc) or Dundee. My current predictions are A*AA 👍
I applied to geography and economics at Leeds and Lancaster then global development at York Warwick and Manchester :smile: predicted AAA for media sociology and economics

I found out from manchester within 5 days however some of my friends went 2 weeks without hearing back from some:smile:
Original post by PortugasDace
Hey I just applied to geography bsc, at Cambridge, ucl, kings college London and Bristol. But I also I applied to environment and sustainable development at LSE. So far I’ve only got an offer from Bristol. My predicted grades are A*AA for geography, biology and chemistry. GCSE are 9999998877. Hope this helps!

Have you got an interview for Cambridge, I just got mine and I don't know how I should prepare for it.
Yes I got an interview, I’ve just been keeping up to date with the news and doing interview practice with my teachers
I thought I'd make a thread for people applying to Geography for 2023 entry as I hadn't seen one yet!

Fill in the following and ask any questions :smile:
Applying for BSc or BA:
Universities applying for:
A-Level (or equivalent) subjects:
A-Level grades (predicted or achieved):
GCSE grades:
Anything else:

Hey! I’ve applied for BA geography at Sheffield, Nottingham, Exeter, Cardiff and Brighton. So far I’ve got offers from Nottingham, Cardiff and Brighton. Predicted AAA in biology, geography and English language, with 999888776 at GCSE. Best of luck to everyone :smile:
Yes I got an interview, I’ve just been keeping up to date with the news and doing interview practice with my teachers

ive been doing that too, im just really nervous for it as people in my school have been rejected already.

i’ve now had offers for manchester, liverpool and UEA :smile:

Congratulations Ive also applied to manchester what course are you taking, Ive chosen geography with study abroad (BSC)
Congratulations Ive also applied to manchester what course are you taking, Ive chosen geography with study abroad (BSC)

i’m doing bsc geography ! thinking about doing a year of study abroad but i’m pretty sure i can decide that once i’m in first year as long as my grades stay good

Hey @rosegoldsheeran

Congratulations on your offer!! This is amazing news :h:

Let me know if you have any other questions about UEA or University life in general!
Isabella (MSc Brand Leadership)
Hi, I'm applying for BA Geography at Glasgow, St. Andrews, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee. I got ABB in Highers last year (Computing, Physics and English) and predicted AABB this year (Geography, Chemistry, History, RMPS). Still waiting for offers

I've applied to Geography BSc at Bristol,UCL,KCL,Nottingham and environment and sustainability at Surrey. My predicted grades are A*A*A and have received offers from Nottingham and Kings, however Bristol have put me on hold. I was wondering if anyone else got put on hold too??

Did you use a fully based geography personal statement when applying? I applied also to Bristol, KCL, UCL (Nottingham instead of Cambridge) and Environment and Sustainability in Uni of Surrey. I am worried they will reject me because of the geography personal statement.
Hey Bristol put me on hold only a few days after I submitted my application, but only a couple days after that I was given an offer. So don't worry about it. About the environment and sustainability course Im kinda worried about that too as I focused on geography in my PS, but I think they will understand that the courses are very similar and that other unis don't offer it should be fine. I hope everything goes great!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending