The Student Room Group

IRP help

I have a question for anyone who has done a French or Spanish IRP. What types of questions does the examiner ask you after the initial presentation? Do they ask you questions related to your presentation, or do they ask more questions about your chosen topic?
I did a German IRP (Edexcel). I assume by chosen topic, you mean the subtheme you chose during the exam for discussion and not the topic of your presentation? After your presentation, they ask you questions relating to your presentation, not to the subtheme topic.
(edited 1 year ago)
It think it varies by exam board, so I'm assuming you're not AQA? For us, we filled in a form, which included writing down five bullet points on things that we had researched that we may want to cover in the discussion. A few things from the presentation were discussed, mainly particular statistics that I had mentioned. I did a Spanish IRP : )
Reply 3
Original post by simxne_
It think it varies by exam board, so I'm assuming you're not AQA? For us, we filled in a form, which included writing down five bullet points on things that we had researched that we may want to cover in the discussion. A few things from the presentation were discussed, mainly particular statistics that I had mentioned. I did a Spanish IRP : )

Im doing Eduqas. I know that's supposed to be similar to AQA but I haven't really been told much detail about the IRP. So if anyone has done the IRP with Edquas please let me know :smile:
Pick out key words and topics in your presentation and learn a tiny little about them so that if they ask a question, you have some things to say:smile: For example, mine was on the main causes of the French Revolution, and she asked me a little bit about Marie Antoinette (why she was so hated) - although she wasn't actually mentioned at all in my presentation, I only talked about royalty. She also asked me what I thought the overall cause for it was.. things like that. Just make sure alongside your IRP, you also have good enough general knowledge. Don't stress though, they aren't going to ask horribly difficult questions.
Also, if your examiner is your teacher (like mine was), pay attention to the questions they ask in the mock exam because some could be very similar or even the same in the real thing.
Original post by scfc05
I have a question for anyone who has done a French or Spanish IRP. What types of questions does the examiner ask you after the initial presentation? Do they ask you questions related to your presentation, or do they ask more questions about your chosen topic?

Have you guys started working on yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending