The Student Room Group

Football Question

Hello,
I play football for fun to lose weight and enjoy myself but I was wondering If I should care how good I am because after all I am just doing it to enjoy myself and I do not want to be a pro or join a team. I will never have those two. So shall I care how good I am?
Also, can you play football just for fun and run around.
Reply 1
Nope, you don't have to be amazing at something just because you enjoy it. : ), and yes you can play football just for the run around & for fun.
I play football for the same reason (I also like watching it). Nothing wrong with it. In my case, it's hard to find a group of lads with a similar skill level as me, so my time is more or less over.
Reply 3
Original post by Gerjaffers2002
Hello,
I play football for fun to lose weight and enjoy myself but I was wondering If I should care how good I am because after all I am just doing it to enjoy myself and I do not want to be a pro or join a team. I will never have those two. So shall I care how good I am?

Nope, as long as you are having fun and the best time in the world when kicking the ball then football is the one for you. Glad you taken this route to improve yourself as a person. If you know you need to improve on a particular area to make your football experience more enjoyable - i.e ball control or tackling - then watch matches or go on YouTube and train on that in your spare time.

After all what is important is to enjoy the game :smile:
Thanks for the replies guys
Moved to Entertainment
Original post by Gerjaffers2002
Hello,

If you're having fun and enjoying yourself just casually playing around then no it doesn't matter how good you are.

Quick Reply

Latest