The Student Room Group

Abroad for Christmas

Is it worth going abroad this year for Christmas on Holiday. Any particular places or airlines worth travelling with?
Depends, if it's to celebrate Christmas with family who live abroad then yeah imo if the ticket isn't that expensive. I like EasyJet.
Do you celebrate Christmas? Or do you mean about travelling over the Christmas holidays just for vacation? Easy Jet and Ryan Air, they're cheap. No need to spend heaps on a flight.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Mohammed_80
Is it worth going abroad this year for Christmas on Holiday. Any particular places or airlines worth travelling with?

Peoply say that Nuremberg has the best christmas market in Germany, go there then. The city is north of Munich.
Original post by Amb/conf
Do you celebrate Christmas? Or do you mean about travelling over the Christmas holidays just for vacation? Easy Jet and Ryan Air, they're cheap. No need to spend heaps on a flight.

I agree with this
Original post by Talkative Toad
I agree with this

Phew, that's a relief ☺️
Phew, that's a relief ☺️

I like EasyJet but everyone has different preferences.

Top airlines based on experience:
1. Virgin, more ‘premium’ feel
2. Ryanair, cheap and easy for a quick flight
3. Easy jet, same as Ryanair except a bit more up market.

Best places to go based on experience and research:
1. Salzburg, Austria - beautiful city, not too difficult to navigate and lots to do! Nearby mountains and skiing if that’s what you’re into as well, my favourite winter getaway! Snow is often always on the mountains and usually settles in the city too, although this is not always guaranteed. Very arty and the Christmas markets are not to miss.
2. New York, USA - ALWAYS snowy around this season, the Christmas spirits are high. Lots of great shopping to do here, and decorations all around. Beautiful for the winter feels.
3. Tallinn, Estonia - A very beautiful and small city just a short boat ride away from Helsinki, Finland. The city is full of quirky character and lots of Christmas cheer with gorgeous Christmas markets. It’s a very beautiful and underrated city.
4. Quebec City, Canada - The streets are decked out fully for this season surrounded by quirky french style houses and city streets. Canada goes full out with the Christmas cheer. Lots of carol singing and massive Christmas markets which is a joy to all. There is ALWAYS snow too here in Quebec. Lots of museums worth visiting too.

And that is just to list a few. If you would like any more suggestions i’d be happy to let you know!

Hi friend I don’t celebrate christmas but I’d like to travel on holiday then.

You can get a return to Amsterdam, Rotterdam or Brussels on Eurostar in Christmas week for less then £100 (it's more to get to Paris). Better for the planet than flying.
Hi friend I don’t celebrate christmas but I’d like to travel on holiday then.

Hey. Really? I prefer to just stay in my Town during School holidays, holidays stress me out. Not sure how expensive it is now but my family did Spain twice over Christmas and it was reasosonably priced and it was good, much cooler and calmer, in Summer it would be terrible. Nice beaches, Islamic Landmarks Alhambra, Granada etc. Apologies if I sounded judgemental.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey. Really? I prefer to just stay in my Town during School holidays, holidays stress me out. Not sure how expensive it is now but my family did Spain twice over Christmas and it was reasosonably priced and it was good, much cooler and calmer, in Summer it would be terrible. Nice beaches, Islamic Landmarks Alhambra, Granada etc. Apologies if I sounded judgemental.

No not at all. Thanks for the tips

Quick Reply

Latest