The Student Room Group

Easiest A levels?

Hi, I want to do medicine, with biology and chemistry, I need my 3 rd subject to me really easy, my school does these blocks for a level subjects so meaning you can’t just choose random subjects e.g. bio business geography, basically the subjects I can choose is Religious Studies, History, Maths, Physics Psychology , that’s it really only subjects I’m comfortable with

Just please give me some advice on which ones I should do , I was thinking of Religious Studies, I’m getting grade 8s right now in year 11, but it’s the same for history, I don’t really like any of them but you know I’ll do the easiest one and get the grade.

For Maths and Physics I just think it’s extra stress that I don’t need

Thanks
The "easiest" A-level will be different for everyone, would do the subject that you think that you'll enjoy the most then hopefully get the best grade in.

If you don't like any of then yeah maybe that's an issue.
a-levels are not supposed to be easy. medical school will certainly be even harder.

different people find different subjects easier than others.

which subjects do you enjoy, both learning and doing the work? what are you good at? do you like essay subjects? what can you see yourself spending the next two years studying?
(edited 1 year ago)
physics trust me so easy
just do maths, it's not rly hard and it'll be useful for chem
(edited 1 year ago)
but business studies will probs be ur safest bet, history will prolly be harder than both bio and chem
Reply 6
Original post by bl0bf1sh
a-levels are not supposed to be easy. medical school will certainly be even harder.

different people find different subjects easier than others.

which subjects do you enjoy, both learning and doing the work? what are you good at? do you like essay subjects? what can you see yourself spending the next two years studying?

I’ll be honest, except Biology and Chemistry I don’t like any other subjects but manage to get grade 8/9, that’s why I’m ready to do the so called easiest one or maybe less content heavy or best pass rate or interesting etc, I don’t mind I just need the grade if you get what I’m trying to say
Original post by lollapoalso
but business studies will probs be ur safest bet, history will prolly be harder than both bio and chem

Can confirm, business studies is very easy.
Reply 8
Original post by Talkative Toad
The "easiest" A-level will be different for everyone, would do the subject that you think that you'll enjoy the most then hopefully get the best grade in.

If you don't like any of then yeah maybe that's an issue.

My favourite subjects are bio and Chemistry. I don’t really like any others but manage grade 8/9 in them that’s why I don’t really mind doing any other subject I’m just asking for like the most interesting, highest pass rate, less content heavy subject etc, I don’t mind doing anything other subject just want to hear your views on what’s less say “less hard” if you get what I’m trying to say
Reply 9
Original post by lollapoalso

I wanna do business really bad but can’t because it’s in the same block as biology can’t do these kind of subjects as can only choose 1 subject per block
Reply 10
Original post by catscantdie
just do maths, it's not rly hard and it'll be useful for chem

I like maths, I enjoy it tbh but don’t want to be spending hours revising it, the as past paper kinda looked mad too, the content seems to heavy, I’d do it but the thing is I don’t want a career in maths so don’t wanna be spending long revising that
Original post by og-iconx
My favourite subjects are bio and Chemistry. I don’t really like any others but manage grade 8/9 in them that’s why I don’t really mind doing any other subject I’m just asking for like the most interesting, highest pass rate, less content heavy subject etc, I don’t mind doing anything other subject just want to hear your views on what’s less say “less hard” if you get what I’m trying to say

I wanna do business really bad but can’t because it’s in the same block as biology can’t do these kind of subjects as can only choose 1 subject per block

Do you actually enjoy business?
Also @GANFYD
Reply 12
Also @GANFYD

Haha, I’ll be honest I don’t enjoy it but find it way too easy, that’s why in class it’s quite a good lesson for me, I find it boring to be fully honest content wise, but find it easy to get and our teacher makes our lessons really interactive so I’d say its up to there after bio and chemistry, but I can’t do it because my school has these different blocks for a level subjects, our class sizes are only like 10-14 for a level so business and biology is taught at the same time, so unfortunately can’t do it
I do biology maths and psychology (started this year) and I'd say maths has the least content out of the 3 and is a lot easier to revise for. Obviously everyone has different views but I don't know anyone who's said they're finding maths hard atm (bare in mind we've only been doing it for 2 months)
Reply 14
Original post by thrivingfrog
I do biology maths and psychology (started this year) and I'd say maths has the least content out of the 3 and is a lot easier to revise for. Obviously everyone has different views but I don't know anyone who's said they're finding maths hard atm (bare in mind we've only been doing it for 2 months)

How’s psychology? I don’t know anything about it, is it content heavy or anything? Is it easy?
How’s psychology? I don’t know anything about it, is it content heavy or anything? Is it easy?

Yeah there is quite a lot of content but I find it relatively easy to do well in. If you're good at essay subjects you'll be fine, because the issue most people have is timings but if you know you can write fast it's not too bad
Reply 16
Original post by thrivingfrog
Yeah there is quite a lot of content but I find it relatively easy to do well in. If you're good at essay subjects you'll be fine, because the issue most people have is timings but if you know you can write fast it's not too bad

What’s it about? Could you give like a short overview of what you learn about? Is it hard to revise for or is it quite easy to learn content, Im really good with timings and good at essays
Also @GANFYD

OP, as long as you have chem and bio, the 3rd subject doesn't matter, so do the one you are most likely to get at least an A in, and preferably enjoy along the way. But nobody here can tell you which one that is, as nobody shares your aptitudes and interests
Everyone's said pretty much all there is to say, but do something you think you'll enjoy and that you know you will do well on compared to the other options. As somebody who does Maths, Further Maths and Physics, I will be incredibly biased; but I think the skills you gain from studying A-level Maths will link much more with your two science options than any other subject I can think of, and that will make it easier to study for overall. Maths, Chemistry and Biology are very common A-level picks (at least in my sixth form) and it may work for you too. The content in Maths isn't all too bad, but keep in mind that A-levels are a challenge for the vast majority of students, no matter which set of A-levels you pick. They're certainly a step up from GCSEs, and if you don't feel it in Year 12, you will in Year 13.
(edited 1 year ago)
Haha, I’ll be honest I don’t enjoy it but find it way too easy, that’s why in class it’s quite a good lesson for me, I find it boring to be fully honest content wise, but find it easy to get and our teacher makes our lessons really interactive so I’d say its up to there after bio and chemistry, but I can’t do it because my school has these different blocks for a level subjects, our class sizes are only like 10-14 for a level so business and biology is taught at the same time, so unfortunately can’t do it

Would do whatever subjects you'd enjoy/be most likely to get an A in then, maybe toy can look through the spec and papers to see what subject you think that you'd enjoy the most idk 🤷🏾*♀️.

Quick Reply

Latest