Turn on thread page Beta

Need help!!! Bought a web host and domain name done know what to do! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Well i bought a web host with mint host now i dont know how to upload things and all i just made some key DNS or something like that dont even know what it is. please tell m what to do thanx

ReputationRep:
    Have you got a website already coded up and ready to go?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by QuantumTheory)
    Have you got a website already coded up and ready to go?
    YES on dreamweaver i done it

ReputationRep:
    On Dreamweaver you _did_ it
    Just upload the htm/css files via FTP; the host should have given you the login details (Try FireFTP, nice and free)

ReputationRep:
    On Dreamweaver you _did_ it
    Just upload the htm/css files via FTP; the host should have given you the login details (Try FireFTP, nice and free)
    Umm how do i do that and please don't judge a book by its cover dreamweaver isnt bad

ReputationRep:
    I was correcting your grammar, not insulting your program of choice.
    http://webdesign.about.com/cs/beginn...t/htupload.htm then http://webdesign.about.com/cs/beginn...aabg122298.htm ?
    Sorry, I've never used Dreamweaver, but surely there's some help on your host's site?

ReputationRep:
    Can you use Dreamweaver as an FTP (i.e. to upload the files) Just set up a new website, link it with your files (by specifying the website's directory/folder) and you'll be given the option to enter the website's FTP details. Do this.

Also, did you buy the domain name through your host, or by yourself? If it's the former, you'll need to change the DNS on it to point to your host's servers.

ReputationRep:
    http://webdesign.about.com/cs/beginn...t/htupload.htm then http://webdesign.about.com/cs/beginn...aabg122298.htm ?
    Sorry, I've never used Dreamweaver, but surely there's some help on your host's site?
    O ok thanx! Anyways im trying to get some support from my host preety good host!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tristanperry)
    Can you use Dreamweaver as an FTP (i.e. to upload the files) Just set up a new website, link it with your files (by specifying the website's directory/folder) and you'll be given the option to enter the website's FTP details. Do this.

Also, did you buy the domain name through your host, or by yourself? If it's the former, you'll need to change the DNS on it to point to your host's servers.
    yeah i changed the name servers now trying to upload it this is preety hard lol

ReputationRep:
    If you're going to correct him, at least correct him correctly. (By which, I mean with a sentence that sounds more unlike one of Yoda's wisdoms that it does currently.) :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharma104)
    yeah i changed the name servers now trying to upload it this is preety hard lol
    Yep, it is very hard the first time

However once you do it once, it gets easier.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, it is very hard the first time

However once you do it once, it gets easier.
    I dont get it!! This is gay how the hell am i meant to upload stuff!!! I downlaoded some program Filezilla something like that this is gay!!! HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharma104)
    I dont get it!! This is gay how the hell am i meant to upload stuff!!! I downlaoded some program Filezilla something like that this is gay!!! HELP
    Have you been given FTP details?

You'll get there I have to go offline now, but please feel free to PM me - I run many websites (and a website host) and I'm happy to help.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been given FTP details?

You'll get there I have to go offline now, but please feel free to PM me - I run many websites (and a website host) and I'm happy to help.
    Ok thanx yeah they gave me the FTP details entering them to dreamwevaer now!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.