The Student Room Group

Laptop advice

Does anyone know if either of the top two laptops are decent?

I need one to run learning software and essays. It must last 6 hours without charge. The cheaper one has more battery cells.0736796D-2286-4C63-9422-C00F0C947696.jpg.jpeg
I’ve got an ASUS Vivobook I think it’s amazing super Speedie
your usage requirements are extremely basic and any laptop will be fine
Reply 3
Original post by Lovablevixen93
I’ve got an ASUS Vivobook I think it’s amazing super Speedie

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by HoldThisL
your usage requirements are extremely basic and any laptop will be fine

That’s what I thought but found that my HP pavilion cannot cope with it all, so just don’t want to make another wrong move as I’ll have the new one for 3yrs
Original post by Bumble18
That’s what I thought but found that my HP pavilion cannot cope with it all, so just don’t want to make another wrong move as I’ll have the new one for 3yrs

can't cope with microsoft word/google docs?
Reply 6
can't cope with microsoft word/google docs?

I use software as I have additional learning needs. It’s that which the pavilion can’t seem to run properly and it seems to have affected the functioning of the rest of my laptop. I’ll be typing an essay on online word and there is so much lag. It’s like two words behind my typing 🤪. It starts getting really hot too, I’ve never liked it that much and will be glad to be rid of it!
(edited 1 year ago)
I use software as I have additional learning needs. It’s all too much for the pavilion and it affects the functioning of the rest of the laptop. I’ll be typing an essay on online word and there is so much lag. It’s like two words behind my typing 🤪. It starts getting really hot too, I’ve never liked it that much and will be glad to be rid of it

oh thats what you meant by learning software. what are the system requirements on the website/package for that software?
Reply 8
oh thats what you meant by learning software. what are the system requirements on the website/package for that software?

I can’t actually find the system requirements for any of them. The DSA email came with a guide to check if laptop specifications will be ideal, but it’s the most useless guide ever and just breaks down what part of the computer does what! Haha.

I’ve ordered the ASUS because I needed to get my order in asap and the other person recommended it.
I recommend you "ASUS Vivobook ".ASUS recommends Windows 10 Pro for business with multi caracterstics like
Intel® Core™ i7-8565U processor, Advanced three-sided Nano Edge display with 86% screen-to-body ratio and
178° wide-view technology .It is good in both speed and running software. you can easily buy it from Amazon.

Does anyone know if either of the top two laptops are decent?

I need one to run learning software and essays. It must last 6 hours without charge. The cheaper one has more battery cells.0736796D-2286-4C63-9422-C00F0C947696.jpg.jpeg
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest