The Student Room Group

I’m 17 and into older men.

I don’t think i have daddy issues. A lot of people say that if you have a preference of older men, then it may be because you have daddy issues. Family issues, i do have though.
I am only 17 and I was telling my friends about an actor I really really found handsome and I said how I’d prefer to date him than someone else in the movie who was around 19 and really good looking. After I said that, my friend started to look a bit concerned due to the fact that I like older men.
I really used to think nothing of it, but now i feel like I’m starting to like older men in real life. If there’s an attractive man who may be in his late 30s early 40s, Idk why but I really like him.
This can’t be a bad thing right? I just like how older men are taller, and more protective and they’re a lot bigger
Attention sought.
Attention found.
Mission successful, sir.
Original post by Anonymous
I don’t think i have daddy issues. A lot of people say that if you have a preference of older men, then it may be because you have daddy issues. Family issues, i do have though.
I am only 17 and I was telling my friends about an actor I really really found handsome and I said how I’d prefer to date him than someone else in the movie who was around 19 and really good looking. After I said that, my friend started to look a bit concerned due to the fact that I like older men.
I really used to think nothing of it, but now i feel like I’m starting to like older men in real life. If there’s an attractive man who may be in his late 30s early 40s, Idk why but I really like him.
This can’t be a bad thing right? I just like how older men are taller, and more protective and they’re a lot bigger

It's not a crime to like an older man unless you are like 14 who likes a 50 year old, I also like much older men
Older is fine... within reason. However, at 17 dating someone too much older isn't wise. 19? That would be OK. But too much older could create a power dynamic.

I'm 30. My girlfriend is 25. The youngest woman I've dated is (currently) 23. There's no power dynamic to make it awkward. E.g. with my current partner, she's actually the breadwinner while I'm trying to get a new job. With the 23yo, she was a domme and held all the power in that regard - and she knew the power she held over me.

Make sure if you get involved with someone older that you're in safe hands. I used to date ~20yrs older, once upon a time, and I only pursued people who made me feel like their equal. When they start to try to overpower or manipulate you then leave.
(edited 1 year ago)
Large age gaps are fine- as long as there is nothing illegal going on, mutual attraction and both people are happy together.
Different people often have very different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards, ambitions and relationship preferences.

I'm only attracted to guys who are older than me.
Have always dated with a minimum 15 year age gap.
The oldest guys I've dated were in their 50s and 60s.

It is important to remember that there are jerks and predators in all age groups.
Some people are in the habit of trading their money for control of their partner or seeking to manipulate dates, actively seeking to date those with limited relationship experience and sexual history.
Good luck!
Original post by Anonymous

Omg Im also 17 and into older men. At first I thought I had daddy issues - but I dont know if I do. But then also liking older men and dilfs doesnt mean you have daddy issues. I told my friends that I like dilfs and they all thought I was weird. I personally do not think its weird but it may seem for others.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending