The Student Room Group

Cambridge Land economy

Hello, I’m in year 12 right now and I’m doing Physics, Geography, Maths, Economics and EPQ. I want to do land economy at Cambridge, but I don’t know if I’ll be good enough. I got eight 9s, a 7 and a 6 in gcse.
Original post by Helen 0429
Hello, I’m in year 12 right now and I’m doing Physics, Geography, Maths, Economics and EPQ. I want to do land economy at Cambridge, but I don’t know if I’ll be good enough. I got eight 9s, a 7 and a 6 in gcse.

Cambridge don't place a heavy emphasis on GCSE results. Focus on getting the best predicted A level grades you can. Also, spend time on super-curriculars - i.e. going above and beyond the A level curriculum by reading books, journals, listening to podcasts, watching documentaries etc.
Original post by Helen 0429

Heya!
As stated above, Cambridge doesn't place a heavy emphasis on the GCSE results, so you still stand a strong chance as long as you do well on your a-levels. Focus on your a-levels so that later you can focus on other stages of application and hopefully get the offer of your dreams :h:

Good luck!
Oxbridge Mind

Quick Reply

Latest