How hard is it to get a first? Watch

This discussion is closed.
Clodagh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
You're not the only one freaking out! A Level English at the moment means reading one play, and some poems in a YEAR. I'm not going to be able to cope!
You just have to be selective really. It's perfectly doable, just needs a different approach from A-level.
~Jen~
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by ~Sam~)
You're not the only one freaking out! A Level English at the moment means reading one play, and some poems in a YEAR. I'm not going to be able to cope!
It's not as bad as you'd think. I mean, yeah the workload for English Lit. is tough here but you adjust fairly quickly. Plus, none of the essays I've written so far have been that great (I was more pleased with the work I did at A Level :rolleyes: ) and yet my marks have been fine. And I wouldn't exactly say I was working hard either.

It's all about time management or finding a really good synopsis on the internet...

Although I admit I was told I'd never have to work as hard as I did for A Levels once I reached uni and so far that is definitely not true.
ChemistBoy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
You don't have to be a genius to get a first. You have to enjoy your subject, be able to understand it well and work hard.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (116)
65.91%
No I haven't decided yet (36)
20.45%
Yes but I might change my mind (24)
13.64%

Watched Threads