The Student Room Group

Can a school track a deactivated snapchat acc from some school drama

So my friend created a fake snapchat account a while ago, and they sent a picture of their chest to this kid. They did it as a joke and pretended to be this girl from our school. They never said they were this girl originally but people asked if they were, and they went along with it. The person told everyone at school and people stared lies and rumors which weren't true. The girl who they pretended to be one time asked the vice principal to find the IP address. The vice principal asked for a picture of the acc profile. Will they find it?
Original post by KayceeJohnson164
So my friend created a fake snapchat account a while ago, and they sent a picture of their chest to this kid. They did it as a joke and pretended to be this girl from our school. They never said they were this girl originally but people asked if they were, and they went along with it. The person told everyone at school and people stared lies and rumors which weren't true. The girl who they pretended to be one time asked the vice principal to find the IP address. The vice principal asked for a picture of the acc profile. Will they find it?

There is a chance of your principal finding it even if he/ she is 35% smart due to the situation.
I would advise you to inform your principal about everything as an anonymous tip since it's the right thing to do.
Original post by Dale D'cruz
There is a chance of your principal finding it even if he/ she is 35% smart due to the situation.
I would advise you to inform your principal about everything as an anonymous tip since it's the right thing to do.

True, but most of the people are lying about the account. Its been 4 days since the principal recieved the account's username and profile. Also, isn't snpachat very secure and can only give info with like law management. They can only find the IP if they have a legal process, including subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants. Will they get the IP?
True, but most of the people are lying about the account. Its been 4 days since the principal recieved the account's username and profile. Also, isn't snpachat very secure and can only give info with like law management. They can only find the IP if they have a legal process, including subpoenas, court orders, and search warrants. Will they get the IP?

Search warrants would be easy to get depending on the basis of the situation. This situation is not so extreme however it will be if the mother of the girl opposes charges against the student (if they know the student's name) or against the school.
Then search warrants could be made (mostly IT-based forensics).
Pfft no school is gonna be arsed enough to do that. My school certainly didn’t, and the kids only got caught if they were especially stupid.
Original post by Huzam001
Pfft no school is gonna be arsed enough to do that. My school certainly didn’t, and the kids only got caught if they were especially stupid.

Well, if that's the case. You and your friend have nothing to be worried about.
Well, if that's the case. You and your friend have nothing to be worried about.

What?
What?

You said that your school won't be able to do that right
You said that your school won't be able to do that right

I was talking about my previous secondary school, and I also don’t know the OP if that’s what you’re getting at.
Ok, but what is the current situation at your school about this?

I was talking about my previous secondary school, and I also don’t know the OP if that’s what you’re getting at.
Search warrants would be easy to get depending on the basis of the situation. This situation is not so extreme however it will be if the mother of the girl opposes charges against the student (if they know the student's name) or against the school.
Then search warrants could be made (mostly IT-based forensics).

Yes, but the parents don't know anything. The girl doesn't wanna involve the parents.
Yes, but the parents don't know anything. The girl doesn't wanna involve the parents.

If she doesn't want to involve the parents then it wouldn't go that far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending