The Student Room Group

:]

sorry i keep editting this but i got my answer so thank you

i dont know how this website works
(edited 1 year ago)
From what i have heard about friends doing edexcel music you have to know your notes very well, being able to compose your own pieces and some of it is really boring. Idk if it is just my school, but my friend who does grade 7 piano regrets it as she thinks it is boring, but everyone has their own opinion and no-one will know except yourself whether you will like it. Ask someone in Yr 10 or 11 about the course, what they are doing and if they are enjoying it. Hope this helped! :smile:
Reply 2
My son did GCSE music and it’s not an ‘easy’ subject. You will probably need grade 5 theory as well as being able to play your instrument at grade 5 or above.
There are 3 parts to the exam, listening and analysing music, composition and performance. There is a lot of work involved but if you enjoy music it’s worth while.
Do you not want to do music anymore? I know about food preparation and nutrition which looks really fun but i do not have a clue about media because they didn't offer it at my school. I was going to do food prep and nutrition but my school forced me to do Spanish :angry:
If you are doing aqa i would recommend for you to look at the coursework and past papers to see if it is stuff you would want to do. In my opinion the aqa papers look quite easy and an added bonus in my school is that you get to cook/bake once a week!

what are the grades made up of?
50% paper and 50% coursework for my exam board.
In food do you have to cook dishes to be assessed in the school kitchen?
Yes you do. I am not really sure what will happen in your school, sorry.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by niamhcheesecake
Do you not want to do music anymore? I know about food preparation and nutrition which looks really fun but i do not have a clue about media because they didn't offer it at my school. I was going to do food prep and nutrition but my school forced me to do Spanish :angry:
If you are doing aqa i would recommend for you to look at the coursework and past papers to see if it is stuff you would want to do. In my opinion the aqa papers look quite easy and an added bonus in my school is that you get to cook/bake once a week!

what are the grades made up of?
50% paper and 50% coursework for my exam board.
In food do you have to cook dishes to be assessed in the school kitchen?
Yes you do. I am not really sure what will happen in your school, sorry.

ill see if i can ask some other students at my school. i changed the subjects in the question bcos i decided i should do gcse music but wasnt sure about the other option. youve been really helpful so thank you and sorry for confusing
Original post by erring
ill see if i can ask some other students at my school. i changed the subjects in the question bcos i decided i should do gcse music but wasnt sure about the other option. youve been really helpful so thank you and sorry for confusing

Nor worries!

Quick Reply

Latest