Jason
A dictionary. :wink:
dadu = daft
nurset = muppet
caitag = bitch

I now use them regualrly...
Reply 5
scrabble!
Just read books/magazines/newspapers a LOT.

And if you're really keen subscribe to the readers digest - they do a monthly test your vocab quiz thingy
crosswords!
Reply 8
shootingstar
dadu = daft
nurset = muppet
caitag = bitch

thats really funny :biggrin:
I find that reading quite complex books then looking up all the words you don't know up helps. When I was 14 I read Perido St Station (weird Sci-fi type novel) and I learnt a lot of new words.. forgotten them now though probably!
shootingstar
dadu = daft
nurset = muppet
caitag = bitch

I'm going to fit these into regular conversation as often possible now. Cheers. :smile:
Reply 11
I haven't the foggiest :wink:
Reply 12
read all the 'a series of unfortunate events' books :smile:
Reply 13
I do resolve to consult a dictionary, the moment I am confronted by a word entirely alien to me; most of the time, however, I deduce meaning from context. I'd attribute my large vocabulary partly to a capacious brain-pan, but also to the fact that my memory simply functions in a manner conducive to assimilating vast quantities of information. Beyond what is inherent, however, I find there to be no better technique for introducing new words into one's vocabulary than simply looking them up, and then applying them in context. Only today, I managed 'fissiparous', 'ostensible' and 'pecuniary' in casual discussion. I didn't dare risk 'concomitant', but it nonetheless exemplifies the efficacy of my approach :biggrin:
Makavelli_07
I'm going to fit these into regular conversation as often possible now. Cheers. :smile:

you dadu nurset...
just read books of a 'higher' level and then when you see a word you dont know just look it up
Reply 16
invest in intellect :smile:
technik
invest in intellect :smile:

how do you get that? :confused:
Reply 18
THE PROPHETOR!
Hey guys...

Do any of yyou know of any books, ideas, etc...that would improve one's vocabulary? Any ideas?

Thanks

Jason

the dictionary?
Reply 19
shootingstar
how do you get that? :confused:

come from good stock :smile: :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending