The Student Room Group

I've just said the wrong thing AGAIN!

so i was texting a guy (who i like) and he was at work so he didnt reply to my text for awhile. he replied and said sorry i've been busy at work...and then i went and said as a joke oh dont worry i dont need you i got my biology notes are keeping me entertained!

so he replyed and said 'its nice to know that you dont need me'

and i replyed ' hah i'm jokin. actually wait whats so good about you anyway?'

and he hasnt replyed for 2 hours.....i'm such an idiot

would you guys take this as a joke or serious?

i'm a girl btw

Scroll to see replies

i call it flirtatious banter. hes either still at work or an over sensative tart who fancies himself?
What did you expect him to say :s-smilie:

Must have come across as sounding a bit cocky...
Yeh I think he's a bit up himself and isn't used to a cock sure girly! You did the right thing. Don't worry though, 2 hours isn't exactly an age!
Reply 4
i keep thinking i'm coming across as a bitch sometimes but i mean it in a joky way...i think i have a horrible joky sense :s
Reply 5
shorty.loves.angels
What did you expect him to say :s-smilie:

Must have come across as sounding a bit cocky...

i know exactly! i dont know why i sent it! i'm abit pissed of with myself

i dont want to come across like a cocky person
If he's going to get so upset over one text message, he's probably not worth your time anyway.
Reply 7
why would you want to be with someone so boring and vain anyways?
that is if he has taken offence. He probably hasn't
Reply 8
was there a tongue face?any kisses?or was it just like blatant 'i don't need you actually', if it was then i'd feel a bit like hm ok then this girl's a bit hot-cold
Reply 9
stop thinking about it, you'll just keep making it seem worse.
probably didn't mean anything
mannn texts can come out so wrong sometimes. I send the most outrageous texts and don't get a reply for ages HAHA. But sometimes I have sent some gems that have made people laugh and cry, or hate me hah
Reply 11
curtis
was there a tongue face?any kisses?or was it just like blatant 'i don't need you actually', if it was then i'd feel a bit like hm ok then this girl's a bit hot-cold

exact msg was 'haha i'm jokin. actually wait wats so gud about you anyway? i mean what have you got that the renin angiotensin system doesnt lol'

oh and the renin angiotensin system is a mechanism in biology lol
Maybe he just didn't know what to say back. I hate texting, you never know what the other one's thinking. If he's even a wee bit shy, he might just have panicked and still be trying to come up with something funny to reply with.

Chances are he hasn't taken offence, if he did then he's a bit oversensitive.
I doubt he's taken offence OP, he's probably just sat there and thought... huh? What the hell am I supposed to reply to that? If he replied with all these amazing things that he is... then he'd be vain, if he replied that he's not, then he'd just be boring. (IMO) Just text back and be like: Sorry if that sounded stupid, just trying to make light conversation seeing as I've been studying a lot...

Don't worry, I'm sure he's not being mardy, and if he is then he's a bit of a dick

EDIT: Just to add that I agree with above post
The 'actually wait whats so good about you anyway?' part was a bit too far probably, but don't worry, it's not that bad.
Reply 15
shorty.loves.angels
I doubt he's taken offence OP, he's probably just sat there and thought... huh? What the hell am I supposed to reply to that? If he replied with all these amazing things that he is... then he'd be vain, if he replied that he's not, then he'd just be boring. (IMO) Just text back and be like: Sorry if that sounded stupid, just trying to make light conversation seeing as I've been studying a lot...

Don't worry, I'm sure he's not being mardy, and if he is then he's a bit of a dick

EDIT: Just to add that I agree with above post

aww thank you shorty

he finishes work at 10. i'm not sure whther to reply 'sorry i didnt mean it' or not
Reply 16
Anonymous
so i was texting a guy (who i like) and he was at work so he didnt reply to my text for awhile. he replied and said sorry i've been busy at work...and then i went and said as a joke oh dont worry i dont need you i got my biology notes are keeping me entertained!

so he replyed and said 'its nice to know that you dont need me'

and i replyed ' hah i'm jokin. actually wait whats so good about you anyway?'

and he hasnt replyed for 2 hours.....i'm such an idiot

would you guys take this as a joke or serious?

i'm a girl btw

I say things like that all the time (not on purpose of course), it's really annoying and upsetting when you realise what you said
Reply 17
2 hours isn't that long....i took 6 hours to reply to a text today :p:
Leave it for a bit in case he hasn't even checked his phone yet. If he still hasn't replied by tomorrow, you could send another text.
Anonymous
aww thank you shorty

he finishes work at 10. i'm not sure whther to reply 'sorry i didnt mean it' or not

Nah don't put sorry I didn't mean it, 'cause then if that aint the reason he hasn't replied he might think... yeh I no, I'm not that much of a loser. If I were you I'd apologise as having an after thought... 'Just read what I put and I sound like a dick' type thing. But ya know if he comes on this site you might not have to bother :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending