In love with some guy in my dream? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Hmm, this is going to sound really weird and possibly rather stupid but here goes...

I had this strange dream last night which was really jumbled up and I can (like most dreams) only remember certain parts of it. Basically, I met this guy who I immediatly fell in love with. He was perfect and he loved me back. We dated for a while and then I went on holiday with my family on a cruise ship. Then my holiday pretty much turned into Titanic :rolleyes: Yeah, the ship started to sink... Then I was rescued and was so happy to see my 'true love' again and I was crying in his arms etc.

I hated this dream (spose you could call it a nightmare then). I was watching people killing themselves, just jumping into the water to drown. I remember seeing a family jump in together with 2 or 3 little kids. However, I didn't want this dream to end because I was in love with this guy and if I woke up, I'd never see him again.

Now I just don't know what's wrong with me. I can't stop thinking about this guy from my dream. I can hardly even remember what he looks like - he has brown hair and I think that's all I can remember of his appearance but I can't get him out of my head! I've never felt like this before - spesh over a person I don't even know
(Would be great if it meant some amazing guy is about to come into my life :yep: )

Anyway - any ideas on how to get him out of my head?! Why am I feeling like this all of a sudden? (I'm only 15 for crying out loud!)
vidachick
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Do you know who the person could be based upon in real life?
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
Aww I had a dream like that a while ago. Not on a boat though, just with a really nice guy in it. I remember his name and everything, it was so real. It was one of the best dreams I've ever had, but when I woke up I felt lonely. It was so strange.

Basically, he's not real so he'll go out of your head when you meet someone. The guy from my dream was perfect (my 'dream guy' I suppose) but then less than a month later I met someone who is actually better in a lot of ways so that stopped me thinking about it. I'm not with him or anything, but fingers crossed :p:
MeeeMeee1
Report 10 years ago
This kind of happend to me. Except all i remember is reeeealy loving a boy and i just remember the feeling was amazing i felt so close to him. But i couldnt remember his face or why i even liked him.
snorty_swirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
my guess he is based on someone you knw.
Tam_Diman
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Script it, turn it into a film :yep:

But seriously, it could be based on someone in real life, from TV or somewhere, or just your subconscious image of the perfect man...
Electric_Dreams
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well apparently you have seen every person that appears in your dream, but the ones you don't recognise may be strangers you have randomly seen but don't actually know.
Fleece
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dreaming about someone often plays with your emotions. Even if it's a made up person.

I dreamed I was best friends with Russell Brand once, and was really disappointed for a while that it wasn't true. And then there was the Tony Blair sex dream, which made me look at him differently for a long time. Ha!
weapon tech
Report 10 years ago
dreams are ment to b made up of events that u have seen or done during the day tends not to b much meaning behind them at all,y it seems so jumbled up.we can rarly control wat we want to dream about.
tropical-twist3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It could just be that it's a relationship you want, not this particular guy.

I had dream about david beckham once, he was in my garden and we were chatting an he was really really nice. I kinda fell in love with him but I was thinking I can't do anything because he has a wife and kids. He was so nice.
Since then I've always had a soft spot for him haha.
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Any random chance you look like...
www.thegirlofmydreams.co.uk

This would be something for the record books ^_^
Anonymous #1
(Original post by vidachick)
Do you know who the person could be based upon in real life?
No idea :confused: I go to an all girls school so I don't really know many guys and the ones I do know I defo don't like in that way at all. :rolleyes:
As someone said, maybe it was based on just my 'perfect guy' or someone from TV. Not really sure...
Anonymous #1
(Original post by QuantumTheory)
Any random chance you look like...
www.thegirlofmydreams.co.uk

This would be something for the record books ^_^
Lol. I look nothing like that I'm afraid...:rolleyes:
QuantumTheory
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Lol. I look nothing like that I'm afraid...:rolleyes:
Bugger. That would have been so adorable!
Anyway, probably just your subconscious, you might have seen him earlier in the day, the mind's weird like that
Anonymous #3
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by QuantumTheory)
Bugger. That would have been so adorable!
Anyway, probably just your subconscious, you might have seen him earlier in the day, the mind's weird like that
I used to have dreams like this! think i had 2, its just a sign that your REALLY REALLY lonely, not horny, just lonely... i blanked it out now its gone.
Brook Taylor
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't think it's just a 'girl' thing. Or at least I hope it isn't. I have similar dreams quite often (being in love with someone in a dream, I mean, not the whole suicidal Titanic part). Then again, I seem to fall in love with the wrong people in real life too. Dreams are fascinating things, but I don't think you should read into them too much. More often than not, as others have said, the people and events are subtly influenced by what's on your mind at the time, usually related to events from the day before or such.
Sk1lLz
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Electric_Dreams)
Well apparently you have seen every person that appears in your dream, but the ones you don't recognise may be strangers you have randomly seen but don't actually know.
Source?
tom_tom_tom
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Dreams are random firings of the brain during periods of sleep, which leads most people to say that dreams have no meanings (which i know is slightly sad, as i myself have liked the idea of dreams having a hidden meaning)

However there is also thought that your dreams are the way into your sub concious (freud) speaks for itself that is a theory by freud, but it could be nice to think that there is possibly some meaning to the dream you have however small.
SiaSiaSia
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I had a dream like that when I was about 11!
Maybe he's based on a real person?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Brook Taylor)
I have similar dreams quite often (being in love with someone in a dream, I mean, not the whole suicidal Titanic part).
:laughing:

I'm thinking the Titanic bit came from me listening to the Romeo & Juliet soundtrack previously in the day (Baz Luhrmann version with Leonardo DiCaprio)??

Still not completely sure about the guy though.
Will be going to bed soon - kind of hope he'll be in it again (but I doubt it)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (282)
27.35%
No (749)
72.65%

Watched Threads