The Student Room Group

Thin hair

Long shot I know, but does anybody have any recommendations for hair-care products (or any other suggestions at all!) to help with hair growth, or hair thickening?

I used to have thick healthy hair, but now it's so unbelievably thin, my ponytail is only about the thickness of 2 pencils.

I already use Elvive thickening shampoo, which clearly does nothing, and when I can be bothered to straighten my hair (it's naturally curly) I also use volumising hair mousse, and volumising hairspray.... my hair is still damned thin though.

Any suggestions would be smashing.
Argon oil spray. i use it practically every night and its working like a miracle. also would recommend an allergy test as i used to have thick and nice hair before too but they started falling out until i had an allergy test telling me i had intolerances to dairy produce and nuts (not anaphylactic reaction but dermatological)
Reply 2
Try some oils like coconut oil or Argan oil, I heard amla oil is the best for making your hair thick and long quick
Multivitamins for skin, hair and nails? My hair seems to fall out less when I use them.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Long shot I know, but does anybody have any recommendations for hair-care products (or any other suggestions at all!) to help with hair growth, or hair thickening?

I used to have thick healthy hair, but now it's so unbelievably thin, my ponytail is only about the thickness of 2 pencils.

I already use Elvive thickening shampoo, which clearly does nothing, and when I can be bothered to straighten my hair (it's naturally curly) I also use volumising hair mousse, and volumising hairspray.... my hair is still damned thin though.

Any suggestions would be smashing.

5% minoxidil (regaine) could help
the root :colone: of the problem is probably hormonal tho (lack of oestrogen or thyroxine) maybe you should talk to a doctor?
I'd recommend using Jason's Thickening Biotin Shampoo a couple of times a month.
Plus brushing or spraying some homemade clove and rosemary water solution onto your hair a few times a day for 9-15 days.

Diet, stress levels and sleep also usually plays a big part in thin hair.
Try to include more oats, oily fish, citrus fruits and cruciferous vegetables in your weekly diet.
If you can manage to drink a cup of homemade clove & rosemary tea for a week the visible change to the quality of your hair can be amazing, I can't because the taste is just too disgusting for me.

Baking, drawing, gardening, listening to music, painting, reading, writing or yoga can help cope with stress.
When it comes to getting enough sleep there's no a lot of room for improvement in terms of juggling uni timetables, work shifts, any family or and carer responsibilities.
Good luck!
Thank you so much everyone :smile:

@londonmyst PRSOM
Honestly I don’t believe shampoos that claim to help thinning hair. The best thing that has worked for me is rice water
Original post by Wooord!
Honestly I don’t believe shampoos that claim to help thinning hair. The best thing that has worked for me is rice water

I assume you mean putting it on your head? Not drinking it?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
I assume you mean putting it on your head? Not drinking it?

Yes! Haha should have specified. I don’t do it anymore because I don’t need to but twice a week I would wash rice and use the water on my hair.
It's natural hair thinning I have also same problem of hair thinning hair loss but you need to get hair loss oil for this ..

Quick Reply

Latest