The Student Room Group

Macbeth analysis GCSE

If a part of a question asks to analyse ambition as a whole in Macbeth, what quotes do you suggest for me to memorize (which have lots of language techniques in them) and how I can link them to context?
Original post by VoiidDev
If a part of a question asks to analyse ambition as a whole in Macbeth, what quotes do you suggest for me to memorize (which have lots of language techniques in them) and how I can link them to context?

So you want someone to give you quotes, analysis and context? That is almost everything in order to write an essay. Why can’t you do this yourself?
Reply 3
Original post by 5hyl33n
So you want someone to give you quotes, analysis and context? That is almost everything in order to write an essay. Why can’t you do this yourself?

I'm not asking for analysis, I am asking for some quotes I can use when analysing ambition throughout the play and what context could go with those two quotes.
Reply 4

Thanks so much for the response! I have used most of these already but thanks a lot still! Btw do you know any quotes I can use for this question?
Thanks so much for the response! I have used most of these already but thanks a lot still! Btw do you know any quotes I can use for this question?

Been years since i studied macbeth so nothing specific springs to mind! Maybe something about him wanting to become king?
I just searched 'ambition macbeth gcse', so if you do then there'll be tonnes more that pops up :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)

Might be a bit late now, but there is a revision guide called 'The Complete Guide to Macbeth Quotes'. That has 30 quotes that are analysed and linked to context. It might be useful.

Quick Reply

Latest