Turn on thread page Beta

What kind of girl do you prefer? Also Relationship Advice. watch

ReputationRep:
    Am 18 years old. I've had a few girlfriends. And well all of them ended badly. I am a muslim, but very modern.

I would say I'm a weird guy, but not in a bad way.

I basically need some advice, cos each girlfriend had a different problem.

My last gf was a party girl, all the time just clubbing. And the more i got to know her, the more i was unsure about her. I was in denial throughout the relationship, hoping that it would just work. It's weird cos I think, are my standards for behavior too high, has this been influenced by my upbringing, culture and religion. Or is the girl just a tart. Haven't decided yet.

The ideal girl I'm looking for is a girl that is sensible, but not boring. A girl that has morals and opinions, but not a prune. A girl that has a sense of humor. You do don't have to dress like a tart to have style.

The current girl that I'm with, is a sensible girl, but unbelievably boring, with little sense of humour. Find it hard to start conversations with her. And she's a prune basically.

This all has got me worried, cos it means I will probably have to compromise who I am to be with a relatively decent girl. As i said before I guess I'm weird, well at least compared to normal people, am into various different things from Anime, hardcore gaming, Asian music, rock music, Japanese music, this is to name a few, but am not a emo. It makes me feel there will never be a girl that "gets" me.

Any suggestions?

Also to all the other guys, What kind of girls do you prefer?

ReputationRep:
    balance yo.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean prude, rather than prune?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aMAXin)
    balance yo.
    erm can you give a bit more detail to that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH123)
    Do you mean prude, rather than prune?
    lolz the one that means like, won't do anything intimate.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, prude. although im sure a prune would do little to nothing with you in the bedroom.

ReputationRep:
    Well in answer to your original question there is no type I prefer. My girlfriend of 2 years is, in my opinion of course, the perfect balance: i.e. we can lie in for a night and literally talk until our eyes hurt from needin to sleep from 9pm to quarter to four in the morning.

Likewise we can also go for a night out and carry each other home in the freezing cold, blocked, and end up sleeping on a mates sofa under a big coat we found. lol!

As for your 'advise' get shot of the current girlfriend.

ReputationRep:
    Prune! :rofl:

Mate you have to make compromises. Nobody's perfect! Give and take a little and maybe you'll end up with someone who will accept your 'weirdness'.

ReputationRep:
    in before the move!

ReputationRep:
    i dunno, i don't mind compromise, but it normally gets to the point the girl thinks i'm a completely different person.

ReputationRep:
    You've basically had girlfriends from both extremes.
    I think you should break up with your current girlfriend because it's obvious you don't like her personality, just the fact that she's 'sensible'. Then, perhaps wait till you find a girl that matches your 'expectations' or the kind of girl you want.
    Remember, though, you won't find the exact, perfect girl you need, so like EskimoJo said, you'll have to make some compromises. You could always introduce her to the things you like, and she may start to like them as well.
    Good luck with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    You've basically had girlfriends from both extremes.
    I think you should break up with your current girlfriend because it's obvious you don't like her personality, just the fact that she's 'sensible'. Then, perhaps wait till you find a girl that matches your 'expectations' or the kind of girl you want.
    Remember, though, you won't find the exact, perfect girl you need, so like EskimoJo said, you'll have to make some compromises. You could always introduce her to the things you like, and she may start to like them as well.
    Good luck with it.
    thanks, i prob will break up with her, another thing i didn't mention, all my gf's turn out to be really thick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by khalidklan)
    but not a prune.
    Tbh I don't want to go out with a prune either, the sex would be awkward at best and unsatisfying at worst...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Tbh I don't want to go out with a prune either, the sex would be awkward at best and unsatisfying at worst...
    its true init. but like you want a girl to be respectable aswell, and in this modern age, seems like you can only find a prune or tart.

ReputationRep:
    its true init. but like you want a girl to be respectable aswell, and in this modern age, seems like you can only find a prune or tart.
    Dude, going out with fruits is not cool, cut it out!

And I know many girls who are fairly well balanced and aren't eternal virgins or total whores.

ReputationRep:
    Dude, going out with vegetables is not cool, cut it out!

And I know many girls who are fairly well balanced and aren't eternal virgins or total whores.
    What's wrong with virgins!? :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amanda)
    What's wrong with virgins!? :mad:
    I believe I said "eternal" virgins, ie prudes.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, but being prudish and thinking of sex as dirty or whatever is not very nice.

ReputationRep:
    I believe I said "eternal" virgins, ie prudes.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with being a virgin, but being prudish and thinking of sex as dirty or whatever is not very nice.
    I've been called a prude before, haha. :p:

Closer and closer to 2,000, btw..

ReputationRep:
    people without a sense of humour and prudes need to be shot.

ReputationRep:
    As i said before I guess I'm weird, well at least compared to normal people, am into various different things from Anime, hardcore gaming, Asian music, rock music, Japanese music, this is to name a few, but am not a emo. It makes me feel there will never be a girl that "gets" me.
    Your list of "weird" isn't particularly weird, I know a fair handful of people who would list a similar selection of things as their interests. If you want a girl who "gets you", and by "gets you" you mean likes some of the same things as you, get involved in fan communities, go to expos, talk to people online... even hang out at your local "alternative" store in the Anime section and get talking to people who look at comics/music you're interested in.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.