The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

going to reading!!

hey!! i’m going to Reading Uni next autumn. would love to chat w ppl in the same boat :smile:
Moved to the university of reading forum
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Original post by CPH24
hey!! i’m going to Reading Uni next autumn. would love to chat w ppl in the same boat :smile:

Hi @CPH24,
Fantastic news! We can't wait to meet you 😊 You might want to check out our Applicant Thread here to speak to some other potential new students :smile:
Let us know if you have any questions about coming to study here at Reading! :smile:
Kath
3rd Year History Undergraduate
Hey so is my daughter hopefully @CPH24 :biggrin:

We stumbled across a reading website for freshers for 2022 as we was watching a vlog somewhere that Reading freshers week lasts for 2 weeks and students buy a wristband. After reading about stories about not buying wristbands of companies that are not legit (my eldest gos to uni and heard stories like that at her uni) we was searching for more information. Anyhows, I find this: https://www.readingfreshers.com/ If one of the ambassdors here can confirm it is please:biggrin: But it has whats app section for what halls your in and also subject group chats so daughters going to book mark that page and hopefully next year get chatting to students there.
Dont get me wrong, I love TSR, I think its great as a forum, but its not the same as instant chat which is what you need to get to know future students and perhaps friends. my eldests did it for Lancaster, best thing she did,shes still friends with them now :smile:
Original post by Ghostlady
Hey so is my daughter hopefully @CPH24 :biggrin:

We stumbled across a reading website for freshers for 2022 as we was watching a vlog somewhere that Reading freshers week lasts for 2 weeks and students buy a wristband. After reading about stories about not buying wristbands of companies that are not legit (my eldest gos to uni and heard stories like that at her uni) we was searching for more information. Anyhows, I find this: https://www.readingfreshers.com/ If one of the ambassdors here can confirm it is please:biggrin: But it has whats app section for what halls your in and also subject group chats so daughters going to book mark that page and hopefully next year get chatting to students there.
Dont get me wrong, I love TSR, I think its great as a forum, but its not the same as instant chat which is what you need to get to know future students and perhaps friends. my eldests did it for Lancaster, best thing she did,shes still friends with them now :smile:

Hi @Ghostlady,
Yes that's the right website for freshers stuff! There will be loads of info, emails and group chats for and about meeting your new flatmates and course-mates closer to the start of the course, both relating to university-run events and our students union/ local clubs and bars events, meaning that the university will also create groups for you to meet people in after results day.
Hope this helped!
Kath
3rd Year History Undergraduate

Quick Reply

Latest