?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
delete
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Out of interest why? You're not at university yet or anything, and Gray's Anatomy really isn't "light reading".
Amanda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Damn, I thought this was about the TV show..
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Amanda)
Tbh I'd rather have an entire night with the boringest section of Gray's Anatomy for Students than an hour with that show....how can you watch it? :p:

(Original post by somethingbeautiful)
My course tutor recommened getting a copy as we'd need it. Hehe, good to hear it's heavy stuff
Trust me, after several hours memorising the individual lines on each bone, etc, etc, it gets a little wearing.

Oh right. Did they recommend you to get just Gray's Anatomy or Gray's Anatomy for Students? If it was just Gray's Anatomy, then this is on Amazon for £7.49. If it was the Student textbook, then that's at about £30.
apricot
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Lol i thought the same
Amanda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
Tbh I'd rather have an entire night with the boringest section of Gray's Anatomy for Students than an hour with that show....how can you watch it? :p:
I don't watch it that much. Patrick Dempsey is just sooo hot though.
The Mute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
My course tutor recommened getting a copy as we'd need it. Hehe, good to hear it's heavy stuff
Oh, does your course tutor teach medicine? :rolleyes:
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Mute)
Oh, does your course tutor teach medicine? :rolleyes:
Yes she does. lol - what are you getting at?
AshLovesJohn
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
ditto
The Mute
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yes she does. lol - what are you getting at?
Sorry, made the assumption that you were still at sixth form, and not doing an access course.

Okay, what makes you think you'll NEED it next year? How do you know you'll even get in? Hate to be negative, but don't jump the gun...
Democracy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
That's okay Yes, I'm well aware that there's only a teeny possibility of me actually getting into medical school this year but either way I'm going to University next year (through clearing if necessary) to do Anatomy and I'd like to have a nosey at Gray's.

Edit: anyone for my original question please?

Oh right. Did they recommend you to get just Gray's Anatomy or Gray's Anatomy for Students? If it was just Gray's Anatomy, then this is on Amazon for £7.49. If it was the Student textbook, then that's at about £30.
somethingbeautiful
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
(Original post by Democracy)

Thanks very much. I can't remember which one, I just know I was told I can get it for under £10 at most book shops, so it's probably the former!
Sarah Sway
Badges: 0
Report 10 years ago
Have you been into The Works? I saw a book there called Grays Anatomy for under a tenner I think. Go check it out! I love that place!
Revd. Mike
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I love my battered old copy of Gray's to bits hehe. I got it on eBay, then was given an identical copy for christmas a couple of weeks later lol. Not sure what happened to the second one actually...

But yeah, if you're looking for cheap, try Amazon used and new or eBay. Be aware though that second hand ones are not usually the latest edition. With a text like Gray's it probably won't vary too much in content so it's not that much of an issue, unless your tutor says things like "Refer to figure 3.1 on page 94", in which case if you have different editions they're likely to be different.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1111)
79.07%
Leave (294)
20.93%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed