The Student Room Group

hsps at Cambridge! any current uni students or year 13 students applying help!

hi im in year 12 and i want to do HSPS at Cambridge :smile:
what are the best Supercurriculars i can do? Additionally, what would you say is the best college for it? i'm reading what some of the other people on the hsps interview thread have and i feel like im super in over my head about possibly applying. everyone has 9's at gcse's and i don't even have one πŸ’€ i have 5 5's and 5 8's. i know that online it says that they don't really take it into consideration but what is it really like? do you think i'm doing the right a levels? im doing history, politics and sociology and an epq.
thank you so so much and i hope you have a great day!
Original post by beforeu
hi im in year 12 and i want to do HSPS at Cambridge :smile:
what are the best Supercurriculars i can do? Additionally, what would you say is the best college for it? i'm reading what some of the other people on the hsps interview thread have and i feel like im super in over my head about possibly applying. everyone has 9's at gcse's and i don't even have one πŸ’€ i have 5 5's and 5 8's. i know that online it says that they don't really take it into consideration but what is it really like? do you think i'm doing the right a levels? im doing history, politics and sociology and an epq.
thank you so so much and i hope you have a great day!

that is an interesting set of gcse results

I don't do the course but I would say to (i) try and go to an open day to explore different colleges and see what you like. Focus on where you could see yourself in and (ii) for super curriculars the best thing to do at this point is read, read and read. Also, keep an eye out for essay competitions etc...
Original post by lesgo21
that is an interesting set of gcse results

I don't do the course but I would say to (i) try and go to an open day to explore different colleges and see what you like. Focus on where you could see yourself in and (ii) for super curriculars the best thing to do at this point is read, read and read. Also, keep an eye out for essay competitions etc...

The Trinity R.A Butler prize i'd definitely recommend, or general essay comps from colleges e.g Robinson has one.
Reply 3
Original post by lukegrierson
The Trinity R.A Butler prize i'd definitely recommend, or general essay comps from colleges e.g Robinson has one.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! you're a legend x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending