The Student Room Group

Peterhouse Applicants for 2023 Entry Thread

(edited 1 month ago)

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone received an interview for History and Politics? Thought i would hear this week as HAA is on 24th, but still waiting.
Hi :smile: I applied for Law at Peterhouse for 2023 entry! And I actually live in Cambridge ahaha

Original post by CharlieM07
Hi guys, we have the official Cambridge thread but that seems to get very busy so I thought we could have a Peterhouse thread.

What Course is everyone applying for?
What part of the country are you from? or even an international student?
Anything else?
Reply 3
Original post by Rosiebriginshaw
Hi :smile: I applied for Law at Peterhouse for 2023 entry! And I actually live in Cambridge ahaha

Hi I'm a Law applicant as well! You are the first Peterhouse Law applicant I've met!
Original post by haihai_
Hi I'm a Law applicant as well! You are the first Peterhouse Law applicant I've met!

No way! How are you feeling about your application?
Reply 5
No way! How are you feeling about your application?

Honestly, I'm a little bit stressed since I haven't received an interview offer. Just hoping for the best lol
What about you?
Hi
I’m a Computer Science applicant.
I’m an international applicant.
Did any of you receive interview invitation?
The wait is agonising.
Original post by Mayank Palan
Hi
I’m a Computer Science applicant.
I’m an international applicant.
Did any of you receive interview invitation?
The wait is agonising.

You had to sit the TMUA, right? If so, you shouldn’t hear until this week from Peterhouse I think, so don’t panic yet!!!
Original post by haihai_
Honestly, I'm a little bit stressed since I haven't received an interview offer. Just hoping for the best lol
What about you?

Don’t panic yet! We shouldn’t hear until this week as to whether we have an interview or not. I’m feeling quite confident in my application, the only think I’m a bit apprehensive about is my LNAT because I can never tell how the MCQs go and I felt that my essay wasn’t *that* strong - but we’ll have to wait and see!
I wanted to apply to Peterhouse because my names peter. I'm not even joking.. but I don't know how to justify this if they ask me at interview? Does anyone have any ideas?

I am applying for Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion. I haven't seen anyone else apply for this. I am currently living in Jersey and I havent yet visited the college, but I am very stoked and would love to attend.
Hi guys, we have the official Cambridge thread but that seems to get very busy so I thought we could have a Peterhouse thread.

Anything else?

Hi I'm applying for CS at Peterhouse, currently living in London. I applied to Peterhouse specifically because the tour guide looked like he really enjoyed it and the college was nice and central. Good luck to everyone applying!
Original post by jamesisvstinky
I wanted to apply to Peterhouse because my names peter. I'm not even joking.. but I don't know how to justify this if they ask me at interview? Does anyone have any ideas?

I am applying for Theology, Religion, and Philosophy of Religion. I haven't seen anyone else apply for this. I am currently living in Jersey and I havent yet visited the college, but I am very stoked and would love to attend.

Just talk about how you like the history of it or something, it's the oldest college I think so you could mention that. I'm sure they don't care all that much about why you chose the college though since your ability is more important.
Original post by GAMINpanda
Just talk about how you like the history of it or something, it's the oldest college I think so you could mention that. I'm sure they don't care all that much about why you chose the college though since your ability is more important.

Original post by jamesisvstinky

You'll never be asked why you applied to a College because not everyone being interviewed has - Open applicants would be disadvantaged if we did this, so we don't.

Anything else?

i applied for HSPS
i'm from surrey!
I decided to apply to Peterhouse for AMES as an international student - decided I'd make an account here as I keep lurking on the forums watching others get interviews haha.

Best of luck to everyone!
Reply 15

wow! same I applied for law too! that so cool! did u hear back from them yet?
Original post by To__j
wow! same I applied for law too! that so cool! did u hear back from them yet?

Yes, I got an interview :smile:
Math, still waiting for being shortlisted it rejected. They have not yet sent any email, right? The waiting kills people, haha
I’m a Linguistics applicant. I have the admissions test on Friday morning, and an interview at some point after. I live in Greater Manchester, but I was born in Cambridge, so if I get in I’m hoping to visit old friends. From six to earlier this year I lived in Scotland, where I got straight As at Higher. My predicted grades for my 1-year A-levels are three A*s. I’m probably the most bizarre applicant.
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
You'll never be asked why you applied to a College because not everyone being interviewed has - Open applicants would be disadvantaged if we did this, so we don't.

Phew :u:. Music to my ears

Quick Reply

Latest