The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

acceptance

I’m an AS CIE student , wishing to apply for Bsc accounting and finance at LSE, my subjects are Business, Pure math, English,Economics and Psychology. For my IGCSE I got an A* for math and english, 3 A’s at Economics, Business and Art &Design, and I have 3 B’s, Hindi, Physics and Chemistry, i feel my igcses are concerning because they arent that GREAT, if I meet all the requirements for my A levels and if i write a strong persanal statement, do you guys think it’s still worth applying ? Also are your AS grades considered that important? (Please be brutally honest for all the questions).
(edited 1 year ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
thanks
Original post by Kartik.k14
I’m an AS CIE student , wishing to apply for Bsc accounting and finance at LSE, my subjects are Business, Pure math, English,Economics and Psychology. For my IGCSE I got an A* for math and english, 3 A’s at Economics, Business and Art &Design, and I have 3 B’s, Hindi, Physics and Chemistry, i feel my igcses are concerning because they arent that GREAT, if I meet all the requirements for my A levels and if i write a strong persanal statement, do you guys think it’s still worth applying ? Also are your AS grades considered that important? (Please be brutally honest for all the questions).

Tbh grades are a bit concerning but since LSE says

' A strong set of GCSE grades including the majority at A (or 7) and A* (or 8-9)
GCSE English Language and Mathematics grades should be no lower than B (or 6)
We also consider your overall GCSE subject profile'

I think you should apply as your IGCSEs are not directly below the mark tho concerning but LSE is worth the risk, and just a suggestion you can also write an email to LSE asking your concern.
Reply 4
Original post by Kartik.k14

went to their open day and spoke to the accountancy admissions lead. lse basically is looking at strong personal statements bc they know whoever is applying should definitely be capable of getting the grades anyway. they said u need to make ur personal statement purely on accountancy though. when someone asked if they wanted to apply for economics elsewhere but accounting and finance at lse, the team said that they would only accept personal statements that were literally only about accounting!! (i assume by that they meant like referring to saying u have interests to study accounting but u can defo talk about ur economics studies that helped u learn about xyz in accountancy maybe).
Original post by buldak
went to their open day and spoke to the accountancy admissions lead. lse basically is looking at strong personal statements bc they know whoever is applying should definitely be capable of getting the grades anyway. they said u need to make ur personal statement purely on accountancy though. when someone asked if they wanted to apply for economics elsewhere but accounting and finance at lse, the team said that they would only accept personal statements that were literally only about accounting!! (i assume by that they meant like referring to saying u have interests to study accounting but u can defo talk about ur economics studies that helped u learn about xyz in accountancy maybe).

Current student at LSE A&F - My PS was not solely about accounting but also had a paragraph more generally on Economics / Finance and it was fine. I think it is important to have a strong flow throughout the PS and make sure the start and the ending of the PS is strong as this is what they remember. Also, be different, it is good if you have work experience related to accounting and you can mention this and then specifically say what you found interesting about this. Feel free to ask any questions here and will be happy to help.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Current student at LSE A&F - My PS was not solely about accounting but also had a paragraph more generally on Economics / Finance and it was fine. I think it is important to have a strong flow throughout the PS and make sure the start and the ending of the PS is strong as this is what they remember. Also, be different, it is good if you have work experience related to accounting and you can mention this and then specifically say what you found interesting about this. Feel free to ask any questions here and will be happy to help.

Apart from the personal statement, do you think my grades are concerning?For my IGCSE I got an A* for math and english, 3 A’s at Economics, Business and Art &Design, and I have 3 B’s, Hindi, Physics and Chemistry, but for my AS levels, I scored All A’s,(A being the highest grade achievable).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending