First year internship Watch

teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I would like to know- would a first year internship help me in getting a better second year one and from there on a graduate job as opposed to someone who didn't do a first year one?
Kemik
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
None of the big four actively advertise first year placements. Unless you know someone who works there and can get some unpaid work experience you're out of luck.
teriaki
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
I am not talking about a first year internship at the Big Four. Just an internship in general at a big company (I know this isn't common in Britain but where I come from, all companies take first years as interns, including the Big Four). Will it help?
Mos Def
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I doubt saying that will help, at all lol
TheBrightShadow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
dont ernst and young have some first year things which would be beneficial for penultimate year internship apps?
Rachel1188
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You could look into the PwC Academy which is a week-long residential programme for first years. Being accepted and successful on this will fast-track you to the second interview stage for the internship (as you have already done the first stage as part of your Academy app).
Illusionary
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by TheBrightShadow)
dont ernst and young have some first year things which would be beneficial for penultimate year internship apps?
Yes - there's a two-week work experience programme available :yep:
TheBrightShadow
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
does anyone know if that programme has closed, i cant seem to find any vacancies?
stosie
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by teriaki)
I would like to know- would a first year internship help me in getting a better second year one and from there on a graduate job as opposed to someone who didn't do a first year one?
I think any work experience is helpful, I did some unpaid work experience in the actuarial department of an insurance company and that helped me to get an actuarial internship at one of the big 4. It shows you're commited to the role and that you know what you want to do.
Abercrombie&Fitch
Report 10 years ago
yeah obv. any kind of work exp will be good lol.
if you have the choice of £1000, take or no take, obv take right. good work exp should be taken when you have the opportunity.
hope that helps
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The results of this poll are hidden until the poll closes.

Watched Threads