Hi, take it easy bro
It was a long day and I do need a rest.
Here is what happened yesterday:
There were two sessions, morning and afternoon session. You will only be accessible to the afternoon session after you have passed the morning one. There were 12 candidates yesterday and 2 got to the afternoon session. NEWTON will send you some documents to tell you what will happen on the selection day, but I'd like to share some of my feelings here.
For the morning session:
1. 30 mins. All candidates are divided into small groups of 2 or 3 people. Introduce yourself first, then choose one of your group members and introduce them later to the rest of the candidates and assessors. I would suggest you decide who will be introducing who at the very beginning and introduce your group member as if you want them to get the job!
2. 80 mins Group exercise. All candidates are divided into two groups. Everyone gets a brief, which is part of a big case. 10 mins to read and prepare, 30 mins to discuss and share with the group member. The assessor will come now and then to check how is everything going and ask some questions. You will be able to use a whiteboard to record your discussion.
I would suggest you focus on the bigger picture of the case rather than the details. There can be some calculations too.
3. 50 mins Individual case. 20 mins to watch a video which will teach you a new methodology. Then you have 30 mins to apply that method to a case and answer 7 questions.
Questions are very easy to answer as long as you follow the teaching video. Nothing to worry about for this part I think.
4. Validation Test. 25mins to finish 23 questions, just like what you did for the online assessment.
That's all for the morning session. You will know the decision at 2 pm on whether you have made it to the afternoon session.
For the afternoon session:
1. 25 mins Mini case. 10 mins to read the case brief. 15 mins you will answer both conceptual and technical questions asked by an assessor. There can be some calculations.
2. 1 to 1 Competency Interview. Just the most common one, like what's your greatest failure or what you've achieved recently.
That's all. Let me know if you have any other questions.