The Student Room Group

Cambridge AAIF

I checked my email every day for college-related updates for the past month, but somehow the AAIF slipped past me. The deadline for the form was November 3rd, and it stated that I would be "disadvantaged" if I fail to complete it within the given time frame. I just completed the form and sent an email asking if I would still be considered for admissions.
Does anyone know how large this disadvantage may be? Would this call for an unequivocal rejection?
Original post by QuantumBagel
I checked my email every day for college-related updates for the past month, but somehow the AAIF slipped past me. The deadline for the form was November 3rd, and it stated that I would be "disadvantaged" if I fail to complete it within the given time frame. I just completed the form and sent an email asking if I would still be considered for admissions.
Does anyone know how large this disadvantage may be? Would this call for an unequivocal rejection?

That’s a tough one am sorry, I don’t think this would mean you’d be rejected if the rest of your application is strong, and hope this is the case for you - but I know someone who has had their Cambridge application null and voided because they didn’t complete the forms due the week after the ucas application deadline 15th Oct. I don’t know their college but if Cambridge had voided your application you would have been informed or perhaps you can see from your ucas profile if it’s still valid? She found out it was voided a week after the deadline. Wishing you lots of luck, there’s always next year to re apply and lots of great alternatives to Cambridge so don’t let it get to you
Original post by James1467
That’s a tough one am sorry, I don’t think this would mean you’d be rejected if the rest of your application is strong, and hope this is the case for you - but I know someone who has had their Cambridge application null and voided because they didn’t complete the forms due the week after the ucas application deadline 15th Oct. I don’t know their college but if Cambridge had voided your application you would have been informed or perhaps you can see from your ucas profile if it’s still valid? She found out it was voided a week after the deadline. Wishing you lots of luck, there’s always next year to re apply and lots of great alternatives to Cambridge so don’t let it get to you

Thank you for the response. Fortunately, I did complete the MyCambridge form on time. My (I am an international student) application is relatively strong (3.98 UW/1590 SAT, strong PS), and I also performed well on the admissions assessment. The application is still valid on UCAS. I'll update you when I receive notice on my interview status within the next few weeks.
Original post by James1467

Oops sorry, forgot to respond. I received an interview offer from Girton last Tuesday.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending