The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Chances of getting into Imperial with A*AA

Hi guys i got one A* seven As and four Bs at GCSE and i got AAB in chemistry, business, and biology at AS. My predicted grades for A2 are A*AA and i was wondering if i had a chance of getting into imperial for Biotechnology with these grades?
Original post by Priscylladjalo14
Hi guys i got one A* seven As and four Bs at GCSE and i got AAB in chemistry, business, and biology at AS. My predicted grades for A2 are A*AA and i was wondering if i had a chance of getting into imperial for Biotechnology with these grades?

What’s their standard offer for biotech?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

The "minimum entry standards" for BSc Biotechnology (here) are AAA, to include Chemistry and either Biology, Mathematics or Physics. So your predicted grades slightly exceed the minimum. I can't find any information as to what sort of candidate typically receives an offer, so I can't answer your question I'm afraid. (Universities often don't like to make it known to whom they make offers; I don't know why.)
Original post by Admit-One
What’s their standard offer for

on the website it says that 80% of people who get offers for biotechnology with three A-levels get on offer of AAA or A*AA
on the website it says that 80% of people who get offers for biotechnology with three A-levels get on offer of AAA or A*AA

Predicted grades are typically higher than achieved grades. If a course is heavily over-subscribed, the admissions team might opt to only make offers to candidates predicted A*A*A or above. The offers would then be at AAA or A*AA, which most of these candidates would attain.

I have no knowledge of what Imperial do for Biotechnology. I'm just aware that knowing the typical / standard offer isn't always particularly useful when assessing how likely you are to receive an offer.
I think with those predictions you have at least a fair chance. There is no harm in applying to a slightly more selective uni as an aspirational choice.
Original post by Admit-One
I think with those predictions you have at least a fair chance. There is no harm in applying to a slightly more selective uni as an aspirational choice.

I got an offer!! The offer is AAA

That's excellent news! Well done. (And thanks for letting us know.) :smile:

Yes! Great news!

Remember no, rush to accept. Hope you have a few offers to consider :smile:

Quick Reply