The Student Room Group

Computer Science or French?

I want to do Maths, Further Maths, and Physics for A-Levels definitely. I'm thinking of doing a fourth subject (either Computer Science or French). I wanna do Computer Science as it will make me a classic STEM student, however, I love studying French! But still, whenever I do Programming it makes my brain cells have a dilemma. HELP!!!
You dont need A level CS for a degree in CS - you do need Maths and also preferably FM.

French would give you some great options for Study Abroad or an overseas placement.
And there are also joint subject degrees - https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/courses/french-studies-and-computing-bsc-hons-gr41/
Imo french. As said above, you don’t necessarily need an a level in computer science for a degree. Since you love french i think of should go with it! Hope this helps and let me know what you choose :smile:
I think you should go with French because you like it more. As previously stated by others, you only need Maths to get a CS degree (if you plan for it).
Reply 4
Thank you guys, I'll choose French then! :smile:
Original post by magicauras
I want to do Maths, Further Maths, and Physics for A-Levels definitely. I'm thinking of doing a fourth subject (either Computer Science or French). I wanna do Computer Science as it will make me a classic STEM student, however, I love studying French! But still, whenever I do Programming it makes my brain cells have a dilemma. HELP!!!

Heya!
You don't need CS a-level to do CS degree, you mostly just need maths and possibly FM which you have :h: So you can do French! However, please be careful with the amount of a-levels you have picked, it might get overwhelming so make sure French doesn't affect your important a-level grades as you just need 3 for uni!

Hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Reply 6
Thank you for your reply!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest