The Student Room Group

Sixth Form Attendance

I missed a lot of school in year 7-11 due to an illness i have, and they threatened to fine. I’m in sixth form now but my illness has gotten worse (i have chronic fatigue for anyone wondering). Does anyone know if they will go more easy on me if i miss school now i’m higher in the school, or will it be the same?
Original post by moomarsh
I missed a lot of school in year 7-11 due to an illness i have, and they threatened to fine. I’m in sixth form now but my illness has gotten worse (i have chronic fatigue for anyone wondering). Does anyone know if they will go more easy on me if i miss school now i’m higher in the school, or will it be the same?

Hey, I have chronic fatigue too. I’m in year 11 but also with very low attendance.
Do you have medical evidence for your condition? If you have a doctor’s note (I got mine from a CFS/ME clinic) then they can make an allowance for you, and set up whatever support you need.

There will still be penalties for you missing school without medical evidence though. I can’t find anything about being fined, but they can withdraw you from the course.

Quick Reply

Latest