The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Official University of Manchester Postgraduate Thread 2023

Hi everyone, just noticed that there isn't a thread for postgraduate applicants this year, so I decided to start one so we can chat with one another.

Some questions to get started:
1 - What course (and track) are you applying for?
2 - Why Manchester?
3 - Where did you do your undergraduate studies & for what degree?
4 - Which other unis are you applying for?
5 - When did/will you apply to Manchester? If you've heard back, how long did it take?

Cheers :beer:
1. MA Digital Techs, Comms and Ed
4. UCL, Bristol
5. (Application date) 27 Oct / (Offer received) 21 Nov
- I just checked through the application portal and did not receive the official offer letter yet.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by Anonymous
1. MA Digital Techs, Comms and Ed
4. UCL, Bristol
- I just checked through the application portal and did not receive the official offer letter yet.

you aren’t received Any interview?
Original post by Gene Y Dho
you aren’t received Any interview?

I wasn't.
(Original post by Anonymous)1. MA Digital Techs, Comms and Ed
4. UCL, Bristol

I also accepted the offer through the student portal and am awaiting the official offer letter. Any idea how long it takes for them to send one?
Original post by letseelol
(Original post by Anonymous)1. MA Digital Techs, Comms and Ed
4. UCL, Bristol

I also accepted the offer through the student portal and am awaiting the official offer letter. Any idea how long it takes for them to send one?

I don't know at all.
However I need the formal letter because of the other reasons, I just sent an email to MIE.admissions team.
Same. I also need it urgently and have mailed but no response yet.
1 - What course (and track) are you applying for? MA International Relations
2 - Why Manchester? love the course, and Manchester feels like a nice place to live & study
3 - Where did you do your undergraduate studies & for what degree? Netherlands, also IR
4 - Which other unis are you applying for? UCL, St Andrews, Trinity, SOAS, Essex
5 - When did/will you apply to Manchester? If you've heard back, how long did it take? applied in mid-November, still waiting to hear back :s-smilie:
Does anyone know if the MyManchester portal is down? Can't seem to log in . . .
Hi everyone, I have received an offer for Msc International Development: Public Policy and Management. Has anyone else applied for this? Also is anyone considering joining the uni?
There’s another thread for postgrad applicants
Original post by Anonymous
Hi everyone, just noticed that there isn't a thread for postgraduate applicants this year, so I decided to start one so we can chat with one another.

Some questions to get started:
1 - What course (and track) are you applying for?
2 - Why Manchester?
3 - Where did you do your undergraduate studies & for what degree?
4 - Which other unis are you applying for?
5 - When did/will you apply to Manchester? If you've heard back, how long did it take?

Cheers :beer:

1.Msc in Genomic medicine
2.university ranking is great especially for my course
3. Indian uni Bsc Hons in microbiology.
4.Glasgow, Birmingham, qmul, Sheffield,Exeter, Southampton (got accepted)
Waiting for Manchester and Glasgow as these universities have higher ranking than Southampton. Quite tensed as i only have a month to respond to Southampton, hope i hear from Manchester soon!
Applied to all unis including Manchester around end of January (28-31)
Original post by nhthaker
Can someone also let me know when does the university ask for application fees ? Since , I got my sign up credentials also but haven't recieved any portal for paying application fee of 60 GBP

Have you checked whether the programme you applied requires application fee or not? I applied to the Business School and my programme didn’t require any application fee until they asked for deposit when I received an unconditional offer.
Hey I've received an offer for Mres Cognitive Neuroscience and Neuropsychology. Anyone here who has applied for the same or knows anyone who is going for the same course? Also any insights and any reviews about the course/department will be really appreciated, thanks!
(edited 1 year ago)
1 - What course (and track) are you applying for? - MSc Organisational Psychology
2 - Why Manchester? - highly ranked for my course and good employability. UoM also has a research centre that matches my interests
3 - Where did you do your undergraduate studies & for what degree? - BSc Psychology (honours), India
4 - Which other unis are you applying for? - Uni of Nottingham (accepted), Uni of Sussex (accepted), Uni of Surrey (accepted), Uni of Leeds, Uni of Liverpool
5 - When did/will you apply to Manchester? If you've heard back, how long did it take? - Applied on 6th Feb, Still waiting for a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest