The Student Room Group

late assignment

i left my assignment until the last minute because i am dumb and i paniced. what happens if it's late? i am in second year.
Reply 1
It depends on your Institutional and departmental regulations, but generally there will be a late penalty applied for each day that the submission is late. There might also be a hard cutoff which results in an automatic fail.
Original post by gjd800
It depends on your Institutional and departmental regulations, but generally there will be a late penalty applied for each day that the submission is late. There might also be a hard cutoff which results in an automatic fail.

oh.. fun times! i want death
Reply 3
Original post by bearsrcool123
oh.. fun times! i want death

If you have some mitigation (or can at least make the case that you do), you should speak to your course administrator or academic advisor and se eif you can get yourself a bit of breathing room.
i left my assignment until the last minute because i am dumb and i paniced. what happens if it's late? i am in second year.

Hi @bearsrcool123,

I recommend you speak to your tutor/head of the module and see whether you can get an extension. Every university has different policies regarding late submission so see what options you have.

Good luck,
Sara :smile:

Hi @bearsrcool123,

As stated previously, it depends on your Institutional and departmental regulations. If you've made an effort to catch up but still don't believe you'll be able to finish a project by the deadline, think about requesting an extension. Know how long you will need a deadline extension and how you intend to meet it before you call your tutor. Your instructor will probably give you a brief extension if you can explain why you've fallen behind but also how you plan to catch up.

I hope this helps,
Jade
Third Year, BA Photography Ambassador

It depends on what the situation is. if you speak to your tutor you may be given an extension but this may be capped to 40%. If you say that you are struggling though they may be able to help you so it doesnt happen again.
Reply 7
Original post by ch3shirecat4
It depends on what the situation is. if you speak to your tutor you may be given an extension but this may be capped to 40%. If you say that you are struggling though they may be able to help you so it doesnt happen again.

I have never, ever seen an extension capped and I do not think that it happens. Caps are punitive measures for late submission, failure, or academic misconduct. Extensions are not punitive and to mix the two would be very odd indeed.
what gjd800 said

Its often Student Support who deal with extensions / extenuating circumstances - give them a call (or go see them face to face and look pitiful), sooner the better

Quick Reply

Latest