The Student Room Group

PGCE Absence

Hi everyone,
I am currently completing a PGCE in secondary Chemistry and am on my first placement.
I have suffered with migraines all my life but in the last few years, they have been well controlled.
However, I feel them coming on now and I have one almost every day. If it carries on this way I can foresee myself needing a couple of weeks off to cope with a severe flare-up of migraines.
I am very concerned about how this may affect my placement.
So my question is, will they kick me off of the course for missing 2 weeks to recover? What will happen to my student finance/bursary.
Thanks everyone.
Original post by graptik
Hi everyone,
I am currently completing a PGCE in secondary Chemistry and am on my first placement.
I have suffered with migraines all my life but in the last few years, they have been well controlled.
However, I feel them coming on now and I have one almost every day. If it carries on this way I can foresee myself needing a couple of weeks off to cope with a severe flare-up of migraines.
I am very concerned about how this may affect my placement.
So my question is, will they kick me off of the course for missing 2 weeks to recover? What will happen to my student finance/bursary.
Thanks everyone.

Poor you, what a nightmare.
Have you tried a plant based diet?
Have a little research into the science, it could help you.
I can't answer your specific question; your best bet would be a converstion with your tutors/admissions tutors/welfare peops, it's literally their job and they want you to succeed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending