This discussion is closed.
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hello all,

What's better in terms of uni life; manchester or UCL.

Undecided in terms of reputation of uni & course structure e.t.c

I will probably make my decision according to uni life and area, accomondation.

All advice appreciated.

:hello:
trev
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would say Manchester has a better uni life than UCL. The city is great and the people are nice there.
john williams
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
UCL is a better uni and as is near central London will without doubt have a decent nightlife.
an Siarach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Thats a nice choice to have. I would say UCL shades it in terms of reputation and london easily beats manchester as a city.
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
UCL in terms of reputation and the fact that its london i mean woooo
but i think manchester wud b more fun in the fact that people wudnt work so hard lol. my friend was saying yesterday (she went to manchester for a term and then dropped out) that at manchester no1 wud do ANY work or go to lectures and just sit about and drink all the time. then she came to warwick thinking it wud b the same and she was in shock that people actually went to all their lectures and revised for tests and stuff lol.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I am too tired to argue but that is very very very wrong about Manchester. The Manchester students I know work very hard indeed. Also Manchester is much more affordable you can have decent clubbing nights out and have change from a tenner. You pay more than £10 just to get into London's best clubs.
nas7232
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I decided if ucl offer me BBC i'm gonna go to ucl but if they offer me BBB i probably choose manchester.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (129)
64.18%
No I haven't decided yet (43)
21.39%
Yes but I might change my mind (29)
14.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed