How do I set myself apart Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
To summarise he is gorgeous, popular and blah blah blah

I am similar to him but we are two completely different races, similar background, education etc. I know he has checked me out but I have never let him catch me checking him out

I am very wary of him because of the popularity factor. A lot of the females around him are pretty smoking hot too.

For starters I dont fawn over him when I speak to him as a lot of girls do, I just talk normally although it is hard not to look away when he looks at me :o:

So how do I set myself apart from everyone else? Almost everyone is stunning, nice figures, hair etc
Dragonfly07
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Don't try to set yourself apart. If you're "cool" and he already likes you, I think it's ok.
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just talk to him and show him that you have a lot in common. Don't go out of your way to get noticed...
Anonymous #2
Report 10 years ago
well if you suck mine, and he see's you sucking mine you'd be cool right?
Anonymous #3
Report 10 years ago
Maybe he's like with other women too, check them out uses them and than dumps them. You really wanna be with guy like that?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by adilmorrison)
Just talk to him and show him that you have a lot in common. Don't go out of your way to get noticed...
Ahem yeah I tried that. I asked him a question the other day. It was actually a yes/no answer. He didnt know so asked his friend who replied. I felt awkward and just sort of walked away as there was nothing else to say. However I noticed him looking at me out of the corner of my eye. Does human interaction have to be this hard?

In common I know we love travel, extreme sports (I know all this from his Facebook profile), both went to boarding school etc.... he is into his alcohol nights which I am not though

How do I bring up a convo and just talk to him and relax whilst doing it?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Maybe he's like with other women too, check them out uses them and than dumps them. You really wanna be with guy like that?
Obviously not. If we talk and I realise he has issues with women, I am not a glutton for punishment and will not get involved. However I just want to establish mutual ground with him and if we can be friends cool
adilmorrison
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

How do I bring up a convo and just talk to him and relax whilst doing it?
Ummmm If I were you, I would perhaps ask him a question, but make it relevant, otherwise it'll look like you just want to make get close to him... Perhaps ask about somewhere he went traveling. You could ask him what it was like and suggest that you're considering going there yourself...
Advanced Subsidiary
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
You're taking this popularity thing a bit too far. You see it's just celebrities. I wouldn't speak to a celebritiy any differently than I would speak to my friends or family.

You just have to be yourself and don't look to set yourself apart. What's the difference between you and him. The only difference I could think is he is a boy and you're a girl... so what. If the others look nice or whatever doesn't really change anything/much.

Just be yourself, ya know how it is.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by adilmorrison)
Ummmm If I were you, I would perhaps ask him a question, but make it relevant, otherwise it'll look like you just want to make get close to him... Perhaps ask about somewhere he went traveling. You could ask him what it was like and suggest that you're considering going there yourself...
This is going to sound pretty juvenile but is there anyway I could get him to talk to me first. It would be so much easier

I think my best bet would be to have a prop actually
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Advanced Subsidiary)
You're taking this popularity thing a bit too far. You see it's just celebrities. I wouldn't speak to a celebritiy any differently than I would speak to my friends or family.

You just have to be yourself and don't look to set yourself apart. What's the difference between you and him. The only difference I could think is he is a boy and you're a girl... so what. If the others look nice or whatever doesn't really change anything/much.

Just be yourself, ya know how it is.
There are racial differences as well and I reckon he might not be comfortable speaking to someone from another race lest he thinks he is going to put his foot in it
Advanced Subsidiary
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
There are racial differences as well and I reckon he might not be comfortable speaking to someone from another race lest he thinks he is going to put his foot in it
Oh... that could be worrying. That's a bit I dunno:confused:. I'm unsure what to say now that I read it again. He's weird.:yep:
Dragonfly07
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
He seems like an annoying individual. Do not associate with him.
tropical-twist3
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago

For starters I dont fawn over him when I speak to him as a lot of girls do, I just talk normally although it is hard not to look away when he looks at me :o:
sounds like you already are to me.
Advanced Subsidiary
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah. I think he's a bit weird. :woo:
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (182)
18.86%
No (582)
60.31%
Not really bothered about them (201)
20.83%

Watched Threads