The Student Room Group

MSc Physiotherapy Pre-registration funding

Hi there,

I took out a undergraduate student loan for a first degree in bsc archaeology. I then received a postgraduate loan for an MSc in applied neuroscience which I left after receiving a post graduate certificate. I left this in order to do a digital healthcare degree apprenticeship.

I am looking into doing a physiotherapy pre-registration MSc and was wondering if I may be entitled to any student loans or funding? I have read the information available and am finding it difficult to apply it to my situation. Any advice is much appreciated!
Original post by ellukeo4
Hi there,

I took out a undergraduate student loan for a first degree in bsc archaeology. I then received a postgraduate loan for an MSc in applied neuroscience which I left after receiving a post graduate certificate. I left this in order to do a digital healthcare degree apprenticeship.

I am looking into doing a physiotherapy pre-registration MSc and was wondering if I may be entitled to any student loans or funding? I have read the information available and am finding it difficult to apply it to my situation. Any advice is much appreciated!

Hi there,

The pre registration Msc may qualify as an exception course, I'll just need some further details to check into this for you.
Please can you confirm the name of the university you are hoping to attend, when the course will start and will this be full time study? Also, are you currently registered in the field you wish to study?

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 2
Original post by Tina Oliver SLC
Hi there,

The pre registration Msc may qualify as an exception course, I'll just need some further details to check into this for you.
Please can you confirm the name of the university you are hoping to attend, when the course will start and will this be full time study? Also, are you currently registered in the field you wish to study?

Thanks,
Tina

Hi Tina,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm currently looking at two universities. York St John and Sheffield Hallam. They both start in January 2024. Both full time. I am not currently registered in the field I wish to study.
(edited 1 year ago)
Hi Tina,

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm currently looking at two universities. York St John and Sheffield Hallam. They both start in January 2024. Both full time. I am not currently registered in the field I wish to study.

Hi there,

Thanks for the details. We don't yet have the course details available for the 23/24 academic year, however based on the current academic year details this course is considered an exception and is exempt from previous study rules providing you are not already registered in this field.

This means you can apply for tuition fee and maintenance loan, although this a postgrad qualification it is funded at Undergrad level, so you'll apply on a undergrad application once the 23/24 academic year applications launch in the spring.

Hope this helps,
Tina
Reply 4
Hi there,

Thanks for the details. We don't yet have the course details available for the 23/24 academic year, however based on the current academic year details this course is considered an exception and is exempt from previous study rules providing you are not already registered in this field.

This means you can apply for tuition fee and maintenance loan, although this a postgrad qualification it is funded at Undergrad level, so you'll apply on a undergrad application once the 23/24 academic year applications launch in the spring.

Hope this helps,
Tina

Brilliant, thank you very much for the information. Do you know if the repayment is classed as a separate entity and therefore is an additional 9% of earnings over the threshold, ie a total of 18%, or are the totals owed added together and only 9% over the threshold is repaid?
Brilliant, thank you very much for the information. Do you know if the repayment is classed as a separate entity and therefore is an additional 9% of earnings over the threshold, ie a total of 18%, or are the totals owed added together and only 9% over the threshold is repaid?

Hi there,

For full details on the repayment process including interest rates, I'd recommend contacting our repayments team on 0300 100 0611 or via their Social Media Channels, @SLC_Repayment (Twitter) & SLC Repayment (FB) for advice.

Thanks,
Tina
Reply 6
Hi Tina,

Apologies for refreshing an old post.

I was wondering if course fee exception status applies to all universities running this course (MSc Physiotherapy Pre-registration)? I have added the university of Brighton to my application list and just wanted to be sure before submitting.

Kind regards,

Luke

Hi there,

Hope this helps,
Tina
Hi Tina,

Apologies for refreshing an old post.

I was wondering if course fee exception status applies to all universities running this course (MSc Physiotherapy Pre-registration)? I have added the university of Brighton to my application list and just wanted to be sure before submitting.

Kind regards,

Luke

Hi Luke,

By course fee exception do you mean that fee loan from SFE is available for all universities?

If so this is usually the case where a course is classed as an exception this applies to all universities.

Thanks,
Tina

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending