The Student Room Group

Coding interview help

I have applied to a spring week not knowing they wanted a coding interview and I don’t know how to prepare - I can do leetcode but very inefficiently and only easy questions and they have send me a hackerrank one. Can someone tell me how I can prepare within 2 weeks - I know most of the basic DSA like all the sorts and big o notation but I just wanna get in yk
watch a yt video on the basic data structures (hash, array, stack, queue)
do lots of questions on leetcode
- if they're too hard, just check the answers and read the code until you understand how they work
- - then do it again til you remember it

you don't need to know big O to pass a hackerrank - all you need to know is that solving a problem with as few operations/iterations using the input as possible is better (or essential to pass)

you're probably not going to ace your first hackerrank but if you were to, leetcode is the way
Reply 2
View different solutions at hackerrank, how they solve the problems how they approach it.
Original post by HoldThisL
watch a yt video on the basic data structures (hash, array, stack, queue)
do lots of questions on leetcode
- if they're too hard, just check the answers and read the code until you understand how they work
- - then do it again til you remember it

you don't need to know big O to pass a hackerrank - all you need to know is that solving a problem with as few operations/iterations using the input as possible is better (or essential to pass)

you're probably not going to ace your first hackerrank but if you were to, leetcode is the way

One last question, when viewing the solutions what if they are too complex for me to understand
Original post by ashpritgcse2020
One last question, when viewing the solutions what if they are too complex for me to understand

if some of the code syntax is too hard for you to understand, it's way too early for you
if some of the whole algorithm is too hard, you need more practice
if the whole solution is too hard, break it down into bits you do understand and go through it step by step

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending