The Student Room Group

Football game

Ok so this question mainly for those that even remotely know Football. Whether you've played it or just watch it. Basically, I've been selected for a football match for my schools football squad (and since there is a very small number of girls in my age group I was the only one selected as I am very active in sport, the rest of the girls do football regularly and have been on the squad for a while now). The match is next Wednesday and so I ask you, the people of the student room:

How do you play football?

I genuinely have no idea except kicking the ball with the side of your foot and hoping for the best. Also there is no way I'm gonna be able to get out of this situation, so please give me any sort of tips that have worked significantly in the match. Obviously I'm not as skilled as Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi etc. so please don't advise I do a backflip on the pitch lol. Also will my converse hold up whilst I'm booting a ball across a pitch for an hour?
converse are not going to be great for a football match

but if you can't get out of it, don't have anything riding on it (presumably), and can't learn the game that quickly why bother? just turn up and that's job done
Reply 2
Lol I guess that's the only way at this point:redface:. I don't wanna let the team down but ahhh the pressure is real!
Also what kind of shoes would you recommend? Say it's on dry mud
Original post by HoldThisL
converse are not going to be great for a football match

but if you can't get out of it, don't have anything riding on it (presumably), and can't learn the game that quickly why bother? just turn up and that's job done
Original post by Sq-ish-y
Lol I guess that's the only way at this point:redface:. I don't wanna let the team down but ahhh the pressure is real!
Also what kind of shoes would you recommend? Say it's on dry mud

any active trainers, as oppose to casual trainers (like converse)
Reply 4
Thank you so much! I'll try and get my hands on a pair before the game :smile:
Original post by HoldThisL
any active trainers, as oppose to casual trainers (like converse)

Quick Reply