The Student Room Group

Homeschooling And Distance Learning Tips

I switched from traditional school to distance learning a month ago, and even though I am finding it to be quite enjoying, I'm still struggling to get used to it. It's very hard to concentrate and I would just end up procrastinating.So, if anyone has any helpful distance learning tips, pls share them here. Thanks.
Original post by Anonymous
I switched from traditional school to distance learning a month ago, and even though I am finding it to be quite enjoying, I'm still struggling to get used to it. It's very hard to concentrate and I would just end up procrastinating.So, if anyone has any helpful distance learning tips, pls share them here. Thanks.

See the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxv9lf5HjZM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ad6grll-ak
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_jto93V6II
https://aliabdaal.com/studying/
How old are you?
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
How old are you?

Ah ok so are you self studying A-Levels?
Ah ok so are you self studying A-Levels?

Yes
There are plenty of students in the A-Level forum section who are self studying at home. You may get more responses if you post there :smile:
There are plenty of students in the A-Level forum section who are self studying at home. You may get more responses if you post there :smile:

Ok. How do I move this topic to the A level forum?
Ok. How do I move this topic to the A level forum?

@04MR17 can you shift it please :smile:
Done :smile:
Original post by 04MR17
Done :smile:

Ta :smile:
I'm self-studying A levels too. I don't know if I have any advice for you but I make to-do lists and try to have a routine by waking up and going to sleep early. By doing these, I can at least get some work done. Tbh, I'm procrastinating a lot too even tho I've been homeschooled since year 9.

What are your A levels subjects?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by NazifaNawer
I'm self-studying A levels too. I don't know if I have any advice for you but I make to-do lists and try to have a routine by waking up and going to sleep early. By doing these, I can at least get some work done. Tbh, I'm procrastinating a lot too even tho I've been homeschooled since year 9.

What are your A levels subjects?

From year 9... OMG

Heya!
I would recommend creating a timetable (mimicking school one) and sticking to it :h: If you find yourself procrastinating a lot then try doing the Pomodoro technique, you can read more about it here. You need to be strict with yourself so when it's time to study, hide your phone (or give it to your parents) and concentrate on studying. Try recreating the classroom environment basically. During the break I would recommend taking a walk (be away from books and comp for a bit) so that you can come back to study with a fresh mindset :h: I would also recommend setting yourself deadlines too and really sticking to them.

There are also tons of resources available for you online. In case you are doing science a-levels then do check out Study Mind for free revision notes and past papers all done by topic.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind
Original post by Love1504
From year 9... OMG

Is that really so shocking?

My daughter was home educated from the end of year 6 until the end of year 11 (with the exception of her trying high school for six months in Year 9).

My eldest son has been home educated since the middle of Year 8 (he's currently Year 11)
My second eldest son has been home educated since the middle of Year 5 (he's currently Year 8)
My youngest son has been home educated since the middle of Year 2 (he's currently Year 5)
None of them will be going back into a formal education setting until they reach college age. Is that weird to you? :dontknow:
(edited 1 year ago)
From year 9... OMG

Haha yeah:biggrin:
Haha yeah:biggrin:

Good Job DIDI😂😂
Good Job DIDI😂😂

It's you :angry:
It's you :angry:

YES its me... 🤣🤣🤣
I think is to find information on Google ,read books meaning going to the library

Quick Reply

Latest