The Student Room Group

Can I study English Literature at university

I'm soon going to be choosing my A-Levels, and I was thinking of doing English Lit, Religious Studies (OCR) and Music. Is this good enough to study at a Russell Group university such as Edinburgh?
Original post by heatabove
I'm soon going to be choosing my A-Levels, and I was thinking of doing English Lit, Religious Studies (OCR) and Music. Is this good enough to study at a Russell Group university such as Edinburgh?

Edinburgh's only required A level subject is English Literature (or combined English). So the answer is, "Yes". Grades are the key thing, however. Their standard offer is A*AA - AAA. See here for further details.
Yeah! My friend studied History, Psychology and English Lit and now studies at Edinburgh, so of course worth applying to if you're eager to go there.
Reply 3
Original post by stcrmyweather
Yeah! My friend studied History, Psychology and English Lit and now studies at Edinburgh, so of course worth applying to if you're eager to go there.

Thankyou!
Reply 4
Thanks :smile: Do you know if these subjects will be respected by the University?
Original post by DataVenia
Edinburgh's only required A level subject is English Literature (or combined English). So the answer is, "Yes". Grades are the key thing, however. Their standard offer is A*AA - AAA. See here for further details.

University subject?
Thanks :smile: Do you know if these subjects will be respected by the University?

Universities which have a preference for particular subjects, or dislike particular subjects, say so on the web page for each course. For their English Literature course, Edinburgh don't state anything (other than the requirement for English Literature itself). So you're fine. Focus on your grades now - your subjects are fine.
Original post by McGinger
University subject?

See title of thread: "Can I study English Literature at university".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending