Turn on thread page Beta

Sounds stupid, but am I in the wrong? watch

Announcements

I'm sorry if this sounds like its a problem that a 10 year old would have but anyway.

I found out from a friend that she was going on a date with someone I knew (she saw that we were both friends on facebook). A few hours after I sent him a text saying 'I hear you have a date with my friend blank'. He then sent one back saying yes he did and did I have any ideas where to take her. So I gave him some idea of what kind of bars shes likes etc.

A little while later she phones and I just happen to mention that he said he was exicted about the date. She got really pissed off with me and told me that I had humilliated her, which I just don't understand, whats wrong with me telling him that I know?

A few days later, I havnt spoken to either of them but I did tell a mutual friend of mine and his that he had been on this date. When she asked him he apparntly had a go at her, I assume that they talked about me, even though I didn't even mention the girls name.

So yeah, do you think that what I did was wrong?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. you have strange friends.
    I dont see anything wrong there.
    In the slightest.

ReputationRep:
    Why are they so desperate to pretend the date didn't happen?

ReputationRep:
    LOL that girl is messed up

ReputationRep:
    You what?

ReputationRep:
    Your friend was probably just uptight and nervous about the date. It doesn't excuse her being unpleasant to you, but try to be the bigger person and cut her a bit of slack

Edit: And no, I don't think you did anything wrong.

ReputationRep:
    you have a friend called 'blank'? very interesting

ReputationRep:
    No, you didn't do anything wrong. She's obviously just being weird. Don't worry about it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 17, 2008
Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.