The Student Room Group

Can someone help with the wording of assesment?

Hey!

So, I am doing HNC in counselling. I’m on the unit - loss and grief.

Can someone help with the re wording of questions as I can’t get my head round the wording - just want it in easy reading so I can write about it lol!

Q1 - an explanation of the importance of ritual in meeting the psychological, sociological and theological needs of the individual.

Q2. Identification of cultural traditions behind practice of appropriate experiential activities

Q3 - a discussion of choices surrounding appropriate experiential activities

Thank you!!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Break the question down into manageable sections..

Theme loss and grief
Q1 - an explanation of the importance of ritual in meeting the psychological, sociological and theological needs of the individual.

However if it was me then I would break down into the following. I would look at the vocabulary and terminology. Starting with the word ritual and the important of ritual in meeting X. Is the word found in counselling terminology? Is the word found in notes or syllabus? For example the therapeutic ritual 'a structured set of actions developed collaboratively by the therapist and client to effect a transition from one psychological state to another'

"In grief, rituals are an important part of the healing process. Rituals provide order to the chaos of grief. They usually involve distinctive ingredients such as candles, food, a special space or place"
https://www.choosingtherapy.com/grief-rituals/

Your asked to give an explanation. An explanation is a statement/that makes something clear. Your theme is loss and grief and relating it in my personal opinion in the positive in the following...

1. The importance of ritual in meeting the psychological need of the individual

"Why are rituals important? Rituals go further than helping us to live out our values. They may also make us less anxious. Ritualistic practices can help to bring a degree of predictability to an uncertain future. They convince our brains of constancy and predictability ritual buffers against uncertainty and anxiety meeting the psychological need of the individual"

2. The importance of ritual in meeting the sociological need of the individual.

"social function: Rituals may serve a social function in that they express, fix, and reinforce the shared values and beliefs of a society"

3. The importance of ritual in meeting theological the need of the individual.

"Rituals are an important aspect of religion because they allow believers to express and reaffirm their belief systems. One of the primary purposes of rituals is communication. Rituals communicate or are intended to communicate to self, others, or deities."

Just break the other question down, check your syllabus course outline and note where the definitions/terminology should be.

Quick Reply

Latest