The Student Room Group

A level History revision methods

How is everyone revising for history? I have a mock in a couple weeks and now stressing because I dont actually know how to revise. are you learning the facts first then putting into essays or
I'm doing the tudors and fascist italy, any tips are appreciated
thanks
I don't learn facts then put them into essays, because then you tend to get caught up in trying to learn everything possible - and with history, that's quite a lot...
I'd recommend typing up lots of past paper questions - there are only a limited number they can ask, so likely something similar will come up - and then writing a plan for them. Key statements (analytical sentences outlining the argument of your paragraph) + facts + analysis. Try to use the same evidence in every essay to minimise how much you have to learn. I'd say don't get fixated on learning evidence though; the analysis is much more important.
Reply 2
(Original post by Eliza65789)How is everyone revising for history? I have a mock in a couple weeks and now stressing because I dont actually know how to revise. are you learning the facts first then putting into essays or
thanks

You go ashbourne?
Original post by Eliza65789
How is everyone revising for history? I have a mock in a couple weeks and now stressing because I dont actually know how to revise. are you learning the facts first then putting into essays or
thanks

Heya!
The best way to revise is by doing lots of practice questions :h: For essay subjects I usually would recommend making sure you know how to plan your essays before attempting the questions and note down what points you are planning to say. If it helps, Study Mind has free history past papers that you will find helpful!

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL FPE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest