The Student Room Group

How to glow up physically and mentally?

Any tips to improve mental health and physical appearance ? Thank you
I'm on the path to doing this rn and honestly it will take time. growth takes time. I think its most important to be patient with yourself throughout it.

But firstly when it comes to physical health -
I would little by little just start eating healthier, for example eat a banana instead of chocolate as a snack and looking at my diet and how I can improve. It doesnt have to be a drastic change. Just small steps so you can eventually build a good habit. Its good to take vitamin and mineral supplements too if you are lacking in anything but check with your doctor
also its good to make a habit of going to the gym - or if you cant afford it just practice with a video at home. theres lots of easy workouts on youtube to follow. I reccomend Chloe Ting
Also, perhaps try a new style or fashion trend you like. Or even your haircut/style. Theres many things you can learn about yourself trying new things and it will help you develop

Mental health-
Its difficult to say what is the perfect thing to do for mental health bc everyone is going through different things. But try to be patient with yourself if you are in tough situations. If you have poor mental health you can try to practice mindfulness, getting more exercise, trying a new hobby but things work differently for everyone. Taking vitamins and medicine can also play a part in your mental health, give you energy etc. So if you are taking it its important to do so daily.
Also, surround yourself with people who make you happy. Sometimes other ppls energy can affect how we act and feel, are you the best version of yourself when you are around them?

Sorry this is kinda long but I just wanted to share my thoughts ! good luck on your glow up<3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm on the path to doing this rn and honestly it will take time. growth takes time. I think its most important to be patient with yourself throughout it.

I would little by little just start eating healthier, for example eat a banana instead of chocolate as a snack and looking at my diet and how I can improve. It doesnt have to be a drastic change. Just small steps so you can eventually build a good habit. Its good to take vitamin and mineral supplements too if you are lacking in anything but check with your doctor
also its good to make a habit of going to the gym - or if you cant afford it just practice with a video at home. theres lots of easy workouts on youtube to follow. I reccomend Chloe Ting
Also, perhaps try a new style or fashion trend you like. Or even your haircut/style. Theres many things you can learn about yourself trying new things and it will help you develop

Mental health-
Its difficult to say what is the perfect thing to do for mental health bc everyone is going through different things. But try to be patient with yourself if you are in tough situations. If you have poor mental health you can try to practice mindfulness, getting more exercise, trying a new hobby but things work differently for everyone. Taking vitamins and medicine can also play a part in your mental health, give you energy etc. So if you are taking it its important to do so daily.
Also, surround yourself with people who make you happy. Sometimes other ppls energy can affect how we act and feel, are you the best version of yourself when you are around them?

Sorry this is kinda long but I just wanted to share my thoughts ! good luck on your glow up<3

PRSOM.
I also think skincare is important when it comes to physical appearance! ever since I put more effort into it I feel so much better about myself.

Try to figure out what skin type you have, is it oily, dry, combo skin or normal skin? And then look at what products will work best for your skin type.
I really recommend Cerave. I have sensitive skin and it is perfect for me but things may work differently for you!
Some great ingredients in products to look out for are niacinamide, hylauronic acid, and salicylic acid.
just a suggestion !
<3

Mental health-

Thankyou so much I highly appreciate this , I hope everything goes well for you too this was very sweet and helpful xxx
I also think skincare is important when it comes to physical appearance! ever since I put more effort into it I feel so much better about myself.

Try to figure out what skin type you have, is it oily, dry, combo skin or normal skin? And then look at what products will work best for your skin type.
I really recommend Cerave. I have sensitive skin and it is perfect for me but things may work differently for you!
Some great ingredients in products to look out for are niacinamide, hylauronic acid, and salicylic acid.
just a suggestion !
<3

Hey Thankyou, I have combo skin I have ordered some cerave products to use and will be looking into the products you’ve listed and setting myself a skincare routine aswell, but sometimes find it hard to stick too and be organised. I also need to start exercising too for both mental and physical health . Once again Thankyou for your help xx
Firstly, have a positive and ambitious mentality. :smile:
No matter how you bad your current circumstances or how much you have been mistreated in the past.

Remember that life is too short to waste your valuable time and energy on individuals that don't deserve any of either.
Avoid allowing corrosive negativity and powerful destructive emotions like rage, envy or hatred to have any place in your life.
Take full responsibilty for your actions and mistakes, rather than trying to make excuses or reapportion the blame.

Invest time, effort and money in your health & appearance.
Do regular daily exercise, try to eat reasonably sized portions, maintain at least average personal hygiene and have a good haircut.
Be discliplined about your skincare regime and wear clean clothes & shoes that do not make you stand out for all the wrong reasons.
If you have visible facial injuries or limited makeup skills, use youtube to find some makeup tutorials and advice videos from mua's that will help improve your appearance so that you can have some good photos that will improve your self-confidence.
Good luck!
Original post by londonmyst
Firstly, have a positive and ambitious mentality. :smile:
No matter how you bad your current circumstances or how much you have been mistreated in the past.

Remember that life is too short to waste your valuable time and energy on individuals that don't deserve any of either.
Avoid allowing corrosive negativity and powerful destructive emotions like rage, envy or hatred to have any place in your life.
Take full responsibilty for your actions and mistakes, rather than trying to make excuses or reapportion the blame.

Invest time, effort and money in your health & appearance.
Do regular daily exercise, try to eat reasonably sized portions, maintain at least average personal hygiene and have a good haircut.
Be discliplined about your skincare regime and wear clean clothes & shoes that do not make you stand out for all the wrong reasons.
If you have visible facial injuries or limited makeup skills, use youtube to find some makeup tutorials and advice videos from mua's that will help improve your appearance so that you can have some good photos that will improve your self-confidence.
Good luck!

Hey Thankyou so much for this , I will deffo be using your advice along with all the other comments . You are right life is too short I really appreciate the advice xxx

Quick Reply

Latest