The Student Room Group

Uni 2023

Hi , I didn’t go to uni when I left school this year but is it to late to apply now if I wanted to go next year in 2024 . I feel like I’m too late and I’m conflicted in whether to go or not . People say they hate it which I’m scared about but I hate the way my life is right now all I do is work 3 days a week and I feel like such a waste of space . But I don’t know where my futures going or what I want to do I feel stuck
Original post by Anonymous6993
Hi , I didn’t go to uni when I left school this year but is it to late to apply now if I wanted to go next year in 2024 . I feel like I’m too late and I’m conflicted in whether to go or not . People say they hate it which I’m scared about but I hate the way my life is right now all I do is work 3 days a week and I feel like such a waste of space . But I don’t know where my futures going or what I want to do I feel stuck

Did you leave school after GCSEs or after A levels (or equivalent)? If you have A levels (or BTECs, etc.) then you can apply now to start university in September 2023. (You say, "next year in 2024" which is a little confusing.)

You'll need to apply via https://www.ucas.com/, where there is plenty of information about the process. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask here.

So that's the "I feel like I’m too late" part of your question covered (you're not). The "I’m conflicted in whether to go or not" part of your question is more tricky.

Although some people won't enjoy university, most people love it. If you did opt to go, what would you study? Have you thought about what you might like to do after university? (Thinking ahead can often be a strong motivating factor.)
As above if you have A-level or equivalent you can totally go in 2023 I’m not sure you can apply for 2024 yet that would be in early September (next year. Not everyone does enjoy university but again as above most do. Dig out your results and get hot hat form and your loan sorted you’ll Need to get a wiggle on for finance but your UCAS application for 2023 doesn’t need to be in until until the 25 January at 18;00.
Original post by jonathanemptage
As above if you have A-level or equivalent you can totally go in 2023 I’m not sure you can apply for 2024 yet that would be in early September (next year. Not everyone does enjoy university but again as above most do. Dig out your results and get hot hat form and your loan sorted you’ll Need to get a wiggle on for finance but your UCAS application for 2023 doesn’t need to be in until until the 25 January at 18;00.

Okay Thankyou so much, and I meant 2023 haha I was tired when I wrote this
Original post by DataVenia
Did you leave school after GCSEs or after A levels (or equivalent)? If you have A levels (or BTECs, etc.) then you can apply now to start university in September 2023. (You say, "next year in 2024" which is a little confusing.)

You'll need to apply via https://www.ucas.com/, where there is plenty of information about the process. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask here.

So that's the "I feel like I’m too late" part of your question covered (you're not). The "I’m conflicted in whether to go or not" part of your question is more tricky.

Although some people won't enjoy university, most people love it. If you did opt to go, what would you study? Have you thought about what you might like to do after university? (Thinking ahead can often be a strong motivating factor.)

Okay Thankyou and I meant 2023 sorry ahaha
Original post by Anonymous6993

Hi!

I can see many have given you great advice regarding the application process and I would definitely listen to them, I just wanted to address the not being sure whether to go or not.

I will say that university is a commitment that is higher in intensity than college, so it is to be expected that a lot of your time will be spent studying. Some people hate university and some really enjoy it, it’s all personal preference!

Another thing to keep in mind is, do you know what you’d want to study? Any interests that you’d want to get to know and study deeper? Any future careers that catch your attention?
Any answers you might have for these questions could really help you figure out if a university degree is really what you want or if you’d be happier doing something else :smile:

Hope this helps!

Estelle
Second Year Psychology
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply