This discussion is closed.
Font
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
What are the buildings in warwick like. I've looked at loads of pics of them, and found teh buildings really off-putting. Its all concrete!!! How does everyone else find Warwicks buildings? Also, its literally in teh middle of nowhere - surrounded by fields isn't it.? Must be really boring for warwick people lol.

One of the reasons i didn't apply to warwick was cos i hated the buildings!! sorry to admit it, but man the're ugly, lol

views on warwicks buildings...
Sparkling_Jules
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It looked lovely when I went on an open day. You want concrete, look at York!!! And what's wrong with fields?!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Phil23)
What are the buildings in warwick like. I've looked at loads of pics of them, and found teh buildings really off-putting. Its all concrete!!! How does everyone else find Warwicks buildings? Also, its literally in teh middle of nowhere - surrounded by fields isn't it.? Must be really boring for warwick people lol.

One of the reasons i didn't apply to warwick was cos i hated the buildings!! sorry to admit it, but man the're ugly, lol

views on warwicks buildings...
It depends on your preference obviously, but i personally found the buildings really cool.
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Warwick looks like a fairytale castle compared to YORK which is seriously hideous. I don't know why they had to make York SO ugly - perhaps they wanted to create the ugliest university ever?!
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
nothing wrong with warwick campus :P

If you want ugly check out coventry....thats seriously not nice (a lot more convenient for living in than leam though).
Leekey
Badges: 9
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Phil23)
sorry to admit it, but man the're ugly, lol
You are obviously blind. Perhaps you wandered past Coventry Uni by mistake?!? :confused:
Sherman
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Well, many structures use concrete, so whaddaya expect? There are plenty of green areas and trees around.
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i thought it was very nice but thats just me... so u dont have the old buildings but then u dont have any of the really nasty 60's architecture either.. the maths building is really pretty. but thats jus my opinion lol. it cud b a lot worse wat can i say lol.
fishpaste
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
is it me or just warwick have some lonely atmosphere around it? of course, i don't really have any insight, as I only visited for a day, but warwick along with bath seemed really I dunno, depressed
Angel_Cake
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
is it me or just warwick have some lonely atmosphere around it? of course, i don't really have any insight, as I only visited for a day, but warwick along with bath seemed really I dunno, depressed

Haha, I don't know. When I visited I thought it had a nice vibe and seemed really friendly! The only thing I can suggest is maybe if you visited on a Saturday or Sunday morning it might have seemed quiet and lonely because campus is usually deserted at those times - I know that if I'm ever out and about before 12 at the weeked I sometimes wonder if I'm the only person left on earth!

If you want old-fashioned buildings, you'll have to go to an older university than Warwick. I think considering the architecture is modern, it's quite pretty, especially lakeside and the arts centre. But maybe that's just me! To be honest, to choose a university because of it's buildings is pretty short-sighted and quite foolish!
sophieD
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i agree. besides, yes it'd be nice to be in a pretty little old building, but uve got to look at the practicalities. Chances are it'll be damp and cold with condensation on the windows. Whereas the Warwick buldings were modern AND warm inside, lol

:hello:
bestdeceptions
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ugly?! Warwick :eek: I absolutely loved it when I went for an open day! The gorgeous campus was one of the reasons that made me apply there...
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Personally I don't really care if the buildings are ugly or not but when I visited I thought the campus was pretty cool (was very good weather though)
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by fishpaste)
Your right about a slightly strange atmosphere. Personally I find it more isolationist than depressive. This is one of the reasons why I always try and say hi to everyone I know (no matter how obscure the relationship) and smile at random people throughout the day. If it were made a rule for students to walk about here with a bit more of a bounce in thier step, we would have a much nicer campus.

It's complete crap about the buildings being ugly though, any visitor passing by Comp Sci, Maths, The Union, The Library or The Arts Centre always gives them a long loving stare.
amo1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
the morse building is vv cool its all modern
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amo1)
the morse building is vv cool its all modern
OK this is quite ignorant but...which one is the MORSE building?!? I thought they just ran around between maths, Econ etc...?!?Im sure I have seen it but where is it? :confused:
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
iirc morse are based in stats (or well, thats what my housemate who does morse says).
Leekey
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Ynox)
iirc morse are based in stats (or well, thats what my housemate who does morse says).
Yeah thats what I thought too. The maths building is particularly sexy though. Saying that, comp sci is claerly the prettiest building on campus (if only because I frequent it).
mangomaz
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Leekey)
It's complete crap about the buildings being ugly though, any visitor passing by Comp Sci, Maths, The Union, The Library or The Arts Centre always gives them a long loving stare.
the library?....! lol if u say so :P
Ynox
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
yeah, DCS is the best, if only because of the people usually asleep in the labs

On a different note, not sure what they're doing with regards to the building work on it now, the joke we have is they're extending it to be bigger than maths- I probably spend more time in maths now though than DCS (have most of my lectures in MS01/02).
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (35)
25.18%
No (104)
74.82%

Watched Threads